“Stay at Vivenda Rebello Villa”
Review of Vivenda Rebelo

Vivenda Rebelo
Ranked #4 of 47 Panjim B&B and Inns
Mumbai
“Stay at Vivenda Rebello Villa”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed at Vivenda Rebello Villa for 4 nights recently, i truly enjoyed the stay, it's an old heritage villa, very well maintained, clean, big rooms, quite area Campal. Charges are pretty reasonable and most importantly the owner Mr. Derek is a very hospitable person and takes good care of his guests.

I am definitely looking forward to stay again on my next trip to Goa.

Pravin Naik

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Margão, Goa, India
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed here for three nights, I stayed an extra night because I enjoyed it so much. The owner is one of the most welcoming I've seen in my life. He also knows quite a bit about India and is willing to share.
The rooms are clean and comfortable with the typical comfort (air conditioning, cable tv, wifi etc...)
The stay here was perfect in every way.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed here last week for 7 days...The restoration of the Portuguese house into a guest house has been done beautifully by the owner ...
Its comfortable, clean, cozy and in a nice neighborhood...the owner Deric was extremely helpful
The rooms are beautifully decorated, very clean and comfortable. Bathrooms are also great.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

At first after a few bad experiences in our months of travel in India we were overly suspicious of derik's graciousness and desire to please. We kept expecting some "catch" but we ended up being pleasantly surprised by his earnestness and
Genuine hospitality where he treats you like a member of the family. He even brought breakfast with butter and jam for my young children and drove us to the inox when the monsoon rains put a damper on our travel plans.
The suite felt like home with a fridge, water , satellite lcd tv and well stocked tea amenities.
We had one double bed in one alcove , two twin beds in the other alcove and a cozy sitting area in the garden entrance.
It is a place you can imagine being comfortable at for an extended period.

• Stayed July 2013
Mumbai
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed at Vivenda Rebelo for a total of four nights, with a trip to Hampi in between. Our accommodation was a large two-room bungalow with a porch area where we were served breakfast. Especially returning from Hampi, it was nice to stay in a place where everything worked – good hot shower, TV with English channels, a fridge and a comfortable bed - even a rack for drying clothes. But what really made this place exceptional was our host, Deric, a very nice gentleman who catered for our every need.

Deric did everything possible to ensure we enjoyed our stay. As I was ill when we arrived, he gave us lots of bottled water to keep me hydrated. He not only recommended restaurants, but drove us to them and picked us up when we had finished. On the first afternoon, he drove us through Panaji and across the river to the Reis Magos Fort, where he waited half an hour for us to look around.

He recommended beaches, museums and other places of interest, often driving us there or taking us to the bus station to go further afield, helped me buy some shorts to replace the old ones I was wearing, took me to a cobbler who turned an old pair of leather shoes I thought I would be throwing away into what looked and felt like a brand new pair and dropped my wife off at a dentist for a scaling.

This excellent Bed and Breakfast is located in Campal, near the Kala Academy, where there is often entertainment, and near the lovely Campal Gardens and Mandovi River. Panjim town itself is within walking distance or a short bus ride away. And, with Eric's help, it is very easy to get around to see the sights.

Highly recommended for anyone planning to visit Panaji.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The room was comfortable. We enjoyed sitting outside in the porch. Derek is a great host and found him a great help in acting as a guide to Goa. We felt we were in a friend's house rather than a hotel. The location is excellent, right in the heart of Panjim, near the riverside. Very close to Casino. If they can arrange for lunch / dinner also, it would help..

Room Tip: There are few rooms, but all are comfortable, like a house.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Perfect location in a quiet leafy street yet close to central Panjim in an old Portuguese house, with very clean, simple but fully equipped rooms at very reasonable rates. All of this would be reason enough to stay there but what made my two-week stay at Vivenda Rebelo really special was that the owner Deric really went out of his way to make me feel welcome and to help me with everything I needed. Very highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Panjim
Ginger Goa
Casa Menezes
Casa Menezes
#1 of 2 in Goa Velha
Hospedaria Abrigo de Botelho

Been to Vivenda Rebelo? Share your experiences!