“The best pasta I've had in Goa.”
Review of Baba's Wood Cafe Goa - CLOSED

Baba's Wood Cafe Goa
Price range: US$15 - US$31
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I tried the Al Pesto (Penne) along with the four cheese pizza, and I can surely say that this was one of the best Italian experience I've had.

The ambiance is pretty organic. Quaint. A must try when you are craving for some Italian food around Panaji :-)

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Had been hearing a lot of nice things about Baba. However as Pizza joints go in India, you're never really sure until you've tried them.

Well, we tried them! And I will say this - Don't leave Goa without trying them here. Go to Baba's for the wood-oven char and smoked flavour, go there for a really lovingly put together Pizza, go there for their Iced Coffee (a dream in a Martini glass), go there for smiling and very very accommodating staff and not to forget, go there for their lovely location and great seating.

Great gastronomy in Goa!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The food was so good we eat there two nights in a row. The food is first class the service excellent and the atmosphere in the Fontainhas is just great.
I would recommend anyone who is visiting Panjim not to miss this restaurant.

1  Thank GerryScotland49
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Had dinner on 13th Jan and the food was very good. The pizzas are just awesome. Its a must try. The location is not good but the place itself is nice and you can hang out either with family or friends

2  Thank M-SINVAL
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I took my nieces and son here for lunch, as a change from the calamaris they had been eating at the beach and they were not disappointed!

We ordered pasta and pizza and I would say stick to the pizzas which were very good. The gnocchi we ordered was somewhat over cooked and the carbonara bacon was not great; the portions were also quite small.

The pizzas - margarita and chicken sausage were great - the taste was good, the bases lovely and fine and the crusts had just the right amount of crunch.

Of the desserts, we ordered the lemon sorbet which was more of a slush than a sorbet, but the taste was good if a little sweet. The tiramisu was very good (though too creamy for me) and the chocolate mousse, though not light and moussy, had a good taste and the chocolate used was a darker one, which worked well for all of us.

But it is not cheap, though the place is very nice and quiet and the service was good. And the children loved going to look at the pizzas being put into the wood fired oven!

2  Thank tintinmandi