“The Grinch's Getaway”

Hotel Pete's Hideaway
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panjim
Hotel Pete's Hideaway
Ranked #21 of 47 Panjim B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Pete's Hideaway would have been decent enough if it wasn't for one thing. Indeed, it may not be up to the level of the Taj Exotica (far from it), but it is clean and has basic amenities which are provided at a throwaway price. However, the people who run it are the descendants of Dr. Seuss' Grinch. They are rude and overbearing, especially when one returns in the early hours of the morning after a night out in Goa. The location also is quite awful, given that it is far interior in Panjim and thus transport will cost quite a bit. Don't stay here unless there is no other place available or you have CBI sanctioned work in this neighbourhood.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank vtmathew

Reviewed 19 January 2011

Having stayed at Pete's, I was very surprised by some of the comments I've read. Of course, Pete's is not the place I would have chosen if I was in Goa for the party scene. Not wanting to be near the party crowds of North Goa was exactly why I chose a hotel around Panaji.

At Pete's what I found was basic accommodation, clean rooms (surprisingly clean linen), attached bathrooms, convenient location to travel around by bus and friendly service. The place is run by a brother-sister duo, who always had time to share local knowledge and history with me.

I would advise anyone who's inclined to stay with locals while on holiday to try Pete's. I was one of the lucky guests who even got a home-cooked meal from the owner, Mrs. Fernandes. Yum! I'm told she doesn't do it very often these days!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank travellervaz
Reviewed 22 November 2010

A simple hotel maintained by a family. Neat rooms, good location (opp to Hotel Marriott Goa), clean bathrooms, choose this hotel if you want to hideaway from tourists hustle and bustle in Panaji. Near to Mums Kitchen Restaurant and couple of good restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank BVSMohan
Reviewed 21 November 2010

This hotel turned out to be a nightmare when I recently stayed here. I was travelling with a few of my friends from US and Germany and the landlady insisted on having photocopies of their passports and yet offered us no assistance in locating a photocopier and even refused to take scan of the passports. She was extremely rude and insisted us that we pay every morning before we were allowed to leave the hotel. The check-out time is 9 a.m. in the morning (Can you believe it?) and after a night of partying it is kind of difficult to meet this deadline. The television set did not work in any of the rooms and there was no room keeping. Location wise the hotel is really far from all the good beaches and hence you should definitely avoid this place.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2010

I stayed with a group of 20 people for three days in this hotel. The rooms are clean. However, the staff is really unhelpful. I don't know how they have run this place for 15 years. They are as rude as it gets. Nothing is ever said with a smile. Its like an order which needs to be done then and there. Hardly felt like guests. On top of that our water supply was shut because we apparently used too much of it. I don't know where in their terms and conditions it was written that only a certain amount of water could be used.
If you're one of those who will only come here to sleep and don't care much about the staff then the cheap prices and clean rooms might work for you. But if you want to be around for more than 6 hours of sleep then run in the opposite direction. I have stayed in the cheapest of hostels and hotels all across the world. Nowhere are you treated with disrespect or that the room given to you is some sort of a favor.
Me and my group of 20 had a really bad experience. Spent 2 hours every day sorting out their procedural formalities.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 29 June 2010

i go to this hotel with family for 9 days but i check-out from this hotel after 3 days. because we have very bad experience. very rude behaviour from owners. i rent a bike from hotel but its condition is very bad and very rates of eatable items like one omlate of two eggs without bread is RS. 50/- and one cup of tea is RS. 20/-.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I recently stayed at Pete's for a night. The staff was really helpful. The let me keep my stuff in the room even though i handnt checked in. Really helpful staff goes out of his way to help me. I really appreciated that. The place is clean with TV, Aircon and hot water throughout.
Its economical and safe. Situated just opposite the marriott in a cosy silent lane.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo