“A Superb Addition to dining in Panjim”

The Black Sheep Bistro
Ranked #1 of 338 Restaurants in Panjim
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Run by a Brother Sister combo, who are very hands on around the restaurant, and with fabulous friendly staff, willing to make recommendations, this is a great new place to dine in Panjim if you want Euro/Goa mix food.
The cocktails are innovative, and expertly blended (my CInnamon Whisky Sour - was a taste explosion) - the food is all fresh and from local produce, with daily specials as well as the main menu.
Honestly cannot recommend highly enough, and looking forward to my next visit.

Prahlad_Sukhtankar, Owner at The Black Sheep Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear IanH21,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. I am glad you liked our product and concept. I am especially delighted to know that you enjoyed the cinnamon whiskey sour made by Clanvy.

Our team is our greatest asset and appreciate you noticing the hard work they put in. I will certainly pass on your compliments to him. Thank you once again and we look forward to having you join us again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was a surprise evening. The food is exotic but has some simple to understand explanations. New foods put together, giving small twists to the taste.
The owners being on site helps a lot. Prahlad and his wife personally supervise the tables and make suggestions.
Nice to know Panjim has a gourmet restaurant around.
Presently only open for dinner.
A little noisy, tables too close. So cannot have a quiet evening.
Book your table as it is not a really large space.

Prahlad_Sukhtankar, Owner at The Black Sheep Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Indurao,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor and for your positive word of mouth. I am glad you liked our concept, our product and service. Sabreen and I enjoyed meeting you and we look forward to having you join us again soon. Take care and have a lovely weekend

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The food on the platter was amazing and the owner charming and welcoming. Only if they could work out on the time I would be happy. But I am definitely bringing more people along to this place.

1  Thank Vinamra S

Dear Vinamra S,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed our food and service. We are currently open in the evenings from 7pm till 1am but very soon we will be starting lunches (just like you requested). We hope to see you again soon with friends. Thank you once again for your support and positive word of mouth. Take care and have a good weekend

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Prepare to be wooed from the moment you enter the beautiful space that is the Black Sheep Bistro. The ambiance is elegant but not stuffy and the owners have done a great job creating a modern vibe while retaining much of the original feel of this old Portugese villa (you can still see the original tile, especially by the entrance, which they went through great lengths to preserve.)

The menu had a good variety of cooking styles and ingredients, twists on old classics without being gimmicky. My favorites was the squid-prawns a la plancha and the crispy prawns. I also liked my paan-cocktail which was so unusual and delicious! I could put away 4 of those and be none the wiser! :) Prices were extremely reasonable in my opinion

I'll certainly be back the next time I'm in Goa!

Prahlad_Sukhtankar, Owner at The Black Sheep Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Sparkles70,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. Thank you also, for sharing such wonderful pictures of our food and beverage offerings. I am flattered that we were able to "woo" you with our product. We look forward to having you join us again soon.

Thank you once again and we hope you have a great week!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Great ambience. .sets your mood..smiling staff..makes you feel comfortable. ..unusual cocktails..that happy feeling.. and then the food..good to look at and even better to eat. What more can one want.

Dear SohanaS,

Thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor. I am glad to learn you thought of our place as "a little piece of heaven!". A lovely compliment indeed!

We are delighted to have you and look forward to seeing you join us again in the near future. Take care and have a great week ahead.

Warm Regards