“Worst experience in my entire life of staying in hotels over the globe”
Review of Hotel Oasis

and 1 more site!
Hotel Oasis
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Bhuj
“Worst experience in my entire life of staying in hotels over the globe”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Was travelling with a cousin after attending a 10 day vipassa meditation course in kutchh and after the course thought of staying the night at bhuj as I had the bus for next evening booked to ahemedabad. Explored the surroundings of white rann, kalo dunger etc.. Had called up the hotel in the afternoon to book the room and they said tht it would cost me a night and a half charge agreed to it and arrived to te hotel.. Checked in and was given a room .. Everything looked alright till then.. As I reached the room got a call from reception tht since my cousin was not my wife I couldnot have the room and had to leave the room and b back to the reception.. By this time I had settled my account with the taxi guy and sent him off. So here I was at 10pm in an unknown city with around 40 kg of luggage and not knowing where to go next... The management shouted out loud from the way they behaved how shallow and low they thought, so uneducated and cheap way of thinking ... Hotel claimed to be a 3 star and even had another hotel in the vicinity .. Guess they should rename the hotel as "only married couples hotel oasis" really spoilt my after meditation and the whole experience of being in kutchh.. Was really looking forward to bhuj but really dissatisfied and disappointed ...

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank karanthakkar19

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Rajkot
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Beware the reception might trick you in for a super deluxe room even if the hotel is early empty.
the rooms here don't have any windows facing outside of the building, they all open in the corridor only.

Room Tip: don't be fooled when they say the deluxe room are full and only super deluxe is available.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Nitin P
Dehradun, India
Reviewed 13 December 2011

with my family member I was there for one night stay (04/03/11). I had booked this hotel through my travel agent. This hotel is in city and having all the mordern living style. The AC was very good and the staff were welcoming and very friendly. Some staff spoke good English and others tried really hard to please.
The food quality is very good but no lift is there.

Room Tip: Room are very good with Good Ac but no lkift facility is there
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Surat, India
Reviewed 10 November 2011

oasis is very bed hotel experience in my life.i book in hotel mangalam but they book in hotel oasis because their sis consult.so please check your booking.they have no different in super deluxe and deluxe room .breakfast is also very poor.management staff is very rudly and uneducated people.i cant recomened any other to go hotel oasis in bhuj.

Room Tip: ther is no room to choose for good room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
niraj_oasis-bhuj, Owner at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, 12 November 2011
Hello, Respected Guests,
I'm very much thankful to you that you selected Hotel Oasis for your valuable stay in Bhuj city.

I apologize for any inconvenience experienced by you in any form while staying at our property.
I assure we will try in our best capacity to avoid any such unfavorable experiences in future.

Wish to see you again.
Thanks & regards,
Niraj Vazirani.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2011

The staff were welcoming and very friendly. Some staff spoke good English and others tried really hard to please. It was an Oasis in the desert as they advertise. I appreciated the hot shower on the first day although a few days later I had to have a cold one. The air con was similar, hard to control. The restaurant was clean with excellent service. The food was good and well priced. There was a complimentary transport service to the airport.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Our company booked this hotel after a web search and found it reasonable.
But after we reached we were completely disillusioned.
First, there was no elevator. The hotel rooms were architecturally organized around an open space, so there was no possibility of a central air-conditioning.
The hotel had only vegetarian food, which was OK for me but not for our director from UK.
Lastly, the food was mostly South Indian.

The rooms were basic with poor internet facility. All phones were answered only by the reception and the people manning the phone could not take decisions whenever the lady manager was not present.

The quality of food was good if you liked South Indian food.
Breakfast is not complimentary and was not available before 7.30 AM.

If you factor in the small-town sleepiness of Bhuj, you may say it was value for the minimal tariff it charged.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Eumundi, Australia
Reviewed 29 November 2010

We had booked a super deluxe room, and were at first disappointed because there was no view and the mattress was a bit thin. Then we were offered a simply lovely room with seperate sitting area. The bed was comfortable, the frosted glass decorative panels, the ceiling design, and the bathroom were beautiful. We slept well in peace and quiet. The Manageress and staff went out of their way to make our time there very special and to make sure that we were happy. Their kindness and friendship will always be remembered. We also enjoyed the yummy South Indian food at Sankalp next door.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple