I stayed here with couple of my friends on 15 feb 2013.
I will directly start with pros and cons this time.
Awesome location. Inbetween tea gardens, with a.few spices trees and banana tree. 10 minute walk to waterfall. You can bath under it. Sound.of the insects which eat bananas.
Service boys are.cooperative and good. Munna and Mannu, these two guys are the best ones. Umesh too is good.
Very nice food with reasonable prices. Mr. Cook make awesome.parottas. book them 3 hour advance.
Anil manager is kind enough. No issues there.
Way from munnar to this resort is patchy but with scenic beauty. Acceptable roads.
A small pool which is dirty most of the times with insects. Pool overlooks mountain ranges.
The food service is damn slow. But food is freshly cooked and tasty for sure.
Room cleanlinesa is not taken care of properly.
Very small rooms and toilets.
Insects enter your room at night.
No mobile network except bsnl where the resort is located.
Overall I would suggest that if room quality is not your preference, then go there to experience nature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by Mountains,Tea Gardens and a Waterfall it is a great setting of Nature with all its bounties.A perfect hideout for people who want to relax in a peaceful environment without any disturbance, enjoying the beauty of pristine nature relaxing near the pool and hearing the sounds of crickets and the gurgling waterfall which can be viewed from the resort.The cottages and rooms are also aesthetically designed to gel with Nature. The Leaf cottage made partly of Bamboo leaf, The Mud cottage made of Mud and the Treetop cottage which has a Deck perched on a tree.The rooms have a good view of the swimming pool and the mountains.The resort has a restaurant where homely food served which is all prepared fresh with vegetables grown within the estate of the resort itself.Guests can trek down to the waterfall nearby and enjoy the tea estates and the Nature around or choose to take a Jeep safari which would take them into the wilderness where they can see numerous waterfalls, flowing rivers, a fish pond,hanging bridges etc.They can also choose to travel to Munnar for sightseeing and boating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Wild Elephant Eco Friendly Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wild Elephant Eco Friendly Hotel Munnar
- Wild Elephant Eco Friendly Resort Munnar, Kerala