My experience of Wild Elephant was great overall. The views are really stunning and I found it very peaceful to be so remote. We were upgraded to the honeymoon suite with it's own terrace which was lovely & overlooks the waterfall.
The boys who work there are very sweet and cooperative, they even took us to the waterfall at no extra charge.
The owner of the property is especially friendly, and introduced us to an amazing man who led us on a small trek to the bamboo forest. A real highlight of my holiday!
The main downfall is the food. We were happy to get what we were given until we had a lunch that consisted of 1 small bowl of spicy green beans and rice between us!! And from then on we ordered in advance from a menu.
I would also say that if you have an idea of what you want to do then put your foot down and make it happen, because Anil the manager was quite flaky with organising what we asked for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by Mountains,Tea Gardens and a Waterfall it is a great setting of Nature with all its bounties.A perfect hideout for people who want to relax in a peaceful environment without any disturbance, enjoying the beauty of pristine nature relaxing near the pool and hearing the sounds of crickets and the gurgling waterfall which can be viewed from the resort.The cottages and rooms are also aesthetically designed to gel with Nature. The Leaf cottage made partly of Bamboo leaf, The Mud cottage made of Mud and the Treetop cottage which has a Deck perched on a tree.The rooms have a good view of the swimming pool and the mountains.The resort has a restaurant where homely food served which is all prepared fresh with vegetables grown within the estate of the resort itself.Guests can trek down to the waterfall nearby and enjoy the tea estates and the Nature around or choose to take a Jeep safari which would take them into the wilderness where they can see numerous waterfalls, flowing rivers, a fish pond,hanging bridges etc.They can also choose to travel to Munnar for sightseeing and boating. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Wild Elephant Eco Friendly Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wild Elephant Eco Friendly Hotel Munnar
- Wild Elephant Eco Friendly Resort Munnar, Kerala