“Review of Restaurant”
Review of The Silver Tips

The Silver Tips
Ranked #50 of 103 Hotels in Munnar
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I went with a group to Munnar last week. We stopped here to have a buffet lunch. I think we all agreed that it was probably the best meal we had during our entire two week visit to Kerala. It was delicious and in nice surroundings.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Keith M

Reviewed 4 December 2013

It was an amazing experience during my stay at Silver Tip Hotel - Munnar on 16.11.2013.

The attitude and gesture of the Hotel Staff and Management were quite positive and customer friendly.

The aesthetics and cleanliness were appealing.

The room was quite specious, comfortable, neat, cleaned and well maintained with all required amenities including the bath areas.

The food was excellent including Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The staff in Restaurant was helping and supportive. The food was delicious and tasty with required hygenic care.

The hotel is nearby the town and market area.

The overall experience at Hotel Silver Tip - Munnar was excellent. My family and I enjoyed our stay at Silver Tip - Munnar very much. My family and I would love to stay again in this Hotel during my next visit to Munnar.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank munnar406
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Clean room; value for money. Friendly and efficient staff especially in the reception. Had problem with the lighting in the bathroom and was fixed with 15 min. Good breakfast provided in the dining area. Hotel boasts that Director Ang Lee [Life of Pi] and Shah Rhuk Khan stayed in this hotel before.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank AvidTraveller007Ip
Reviewed 24 November 2013

After reading some many positive reviews on Silvertips, Munnar, I was really looking forward to visiting it and even doled out $131 USD for a night. Sadly, I do not think I received my money's worth. Here is why:

Positives:
1. Well located in the center of the town which makes getting into town and visiting local places easier.
2. Restaurant was pretty good. Veg lunch buffet was well priced ($250/person) while the complimentary breakfast had a lot of tasty options.

Not so good:
1. I had booked my trip through Agoda.com but when I reached the hotel, I was told by the front desk clerk Ashok that they had not confirmed my booking, although I was standing there with a print out of the confirmation from Agoda. He flat out told me that he did not have any rooms and go fend for myself. This is the poorest form of customer service one can provide. He could have easily called his manager, explained my situation and try his best to help a customer who had paid to stay in their hotel. Finally after 30 minutes, and a lot of requesting from my end, and intervention from Agoda's representative, Ashok, with the air of doing me a favor said "Ok I will give you a room, but just for one night". Well, I am thankful that they gave me a room but the whole experience left a bad taste. I would not visit again just due to their poor customer service. Their bell boy provided better service that their front desk.

2. The rooms were okay but there was no hot water for shower. The TV did not work and I called the front desk. The guy said "Ok" but did not do anything to help me.

3. The movie theme is fine, but kind of overhyped. The hallways are very dark limiting walking around to look at the movie pictures.

4. The location of the hotel (although good from a commute standpoint), does not provide any scenic views of Munnar. You can hear the busy street noise late into the night and even early in the morning.

Overall, this is an okay place to stay if you are paying about Rs 2000 or Rs 3000 per night, not the $131 USD (Rs 8000) that I paid. Just don't fall for the hype. Set realistic expectations and you will be fine.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Sidharth B
Reviewed 8 November 2013

very good hotel with very good ambiance and interior adding each room paintings to be a much like biography and pictures of the film name might it be hollywood or bollywood and not only that the name of the room is also the name of the film.....

Apart from that food taste pretty good....

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ruchiragrawal
SunilTS, General Manager at The Silver Tips, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Greetings From Asia's First Fully Movie Theme Resort !!!!!,

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your valuable comments and looking forward to have your visit again

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We spent three nights at this superb Movie theme hotel to celebrate the Deewali.

We had booked a superior movie theme room for our stay. However, we were given a chance to pick our preference from different movie themed rooms at the time of check-in. Surprisingly, I came to know that Shah Rukh Khan stayed in their property for the shooting of Chennai Express! Since I am a huge fan of SRK, I requested the same room. Our request greeted with a smile and the front office team upgraded our booking into an amazingly luxurious suite where King Khan stayed!!.

We can recommend this hotel to everyone, especially to people appreciating very good service!. Absolutely everything is done in perfection to make you feel at home. They take care about each of your requests, howsoever minor.

They have unique dining experiences with personalized service on the roof top restaurant. We did really enjoy the finest Kerala food!!.

I don't want to write too much about the arrival & stay as it will spoil all of the little surprises for future guests. You will definitely leave the place feeling like a Star! Well worth the money!!!

Thanks to all staff and the front office team in special for arranging the late check-out also.

Sharing Diwali with them all was amazing and very special!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 10neerajkumar10

Greetings From Asia's First Fully Movie Theme Resort !!!!1

Dear Guest ,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and it is nice to notice that you had a great stay with us . Your perceptions are very good about our theme , ambiance , service , quality of food etc...Such a detailed comments will help others also to choose the better one . Once again thank you , and have a great day

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 nights in Munnar at silvertips and it was a memorable one.
Good location, on main road,a bit separated from narrow roads & traffic of Munnar but easily approachable.
We found many other good hotels ,but almost all are away from main city ,apart from silvertips.
Good clean & spacious room ,good reception & quick room service.Ample parking space.
Rooms are with movie theme interiors which makes it quite interesting.
Excellent restaurant, Tasty food and most important, not overpriced.
Good breakfast spread. Even welcome drink was quite good.
I recommend silvertips & will definitely visit again on my next trip.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank ALOK_78

Greetings From Asia's First Fully Movie Theme Resort !!!!!!!

Dear Guest ,

Your declaration is really out standing !!!!!!! " Best Property In Munnar " !!!!! - Thank you very much for giving such a great caption . Noticed that you had a fantastic stay with your family and looking forward to have your visit again