“GOOD EXPERIENCE”

Ranked #18 of 97 Hotels in Munnar
delhi
“GOOD EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 16 January 2010

We were on a trip to Kerala and Silver Tips,Munnar was our first resort.We had booked it through an agent with the specific instrctions that we wanted 3* or better hotels.We reached there at 2 in the middle of the night and we were apprehensive when we saw this small hotel,but once we were inside, we liked what we saw.The lobby is beautiful with pictures from Mughal-e-AzamThe person at front desk was prompt and within a few minutes we were in our room.The rooms here have the theme of movies and with the paintings and information on the movies.Very aesthetically done up.The bathrooms with separate shower cubicle with excellent fittings was a welcome sight.In the morning,we loved the sight of the mountains and a river in the distance.There was a Christmas buffet on 24 Dec, for which we were supposed to pay the charges.On 24th evening, we were called up by the front desk to be a part of the celebrations.When we reached downstairs, we were treated to wine, christmas cake and a magic show for the children.When we moved to the restaurant, we had candle light dinner with the choicest of dishes.The service as we had seen in the morning was very good.We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.To our surprise, that sumptuous dinner was complimentary.The added advantage is its proximity to the town, as compared to the other resorts.Worth the money.

• Liked — good value for money
  • Disliked — notjing
  • Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Lata K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Korean first
Delhi
Reviewed 12 December 2009

I and my wife enjoyed our two nights stay in the hotel (09-12-09 to 11-12-09). It is a nice place. The view from my room (308) was superb. The theme of hotel rooms (each having a distinct identity linked to a movie) is innovative. I wish they do following to enhance the quality of stay still better. (a) change the main entrance door to a automatic sliding door (the present door is a heavy wooden door and difficult to open as there is no janitor) (b) change the courtyard to grass in stead of stone gravel (c) provide more hindi channels on room TV (d) have some more variety in buffet meals, breakfast with chinese / north indian dishes. (e) put some magazines, reading material and TV in lounge.(f) give a small local souvenir (a small packet of local spices / tea ), when the guests leave (g) provide facility for checking email / internet in the hotel premises. I wish management takes note. - Anil Kumar

• Liked — excellent picture postcard views from room.
  • Disliked — the courtyard of the hotel (stone gravel in place of grass)
  • Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Anilsaxena99
india
Reviewed 9 December 2009

good theme hotel.very fine architecture.had lovely food.well maintained rooms.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank meekhacj
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 6 December 2009

When I started looking out for a hotel stay in Munnar, one of my distant relative (a travel agent) referred Silver Tips hotel. There were no reviews about this hotel in tripadvisor which concerned me but later I came to know that this hotel was only 2 weeks old when I made my booking :-).

I stayed for 2 nights in Silver Tips and my stay was very comfortable. The hotel being very new, the rooms are ultra clean and modern. It's centrally located and the breakfast served by restaurant was very tasty (especially the idli, dosa and sambar).

However, for those who're looking for cottage rooms or resort atmosphere may not find it attractive. This is a typical multi storey building with around 50 rooms but there are no great views. Only few rooms that are facing the backside of the hotel may have some good views. My room was facing the Kannan Devan's Sports ground.

Overall, a very decent hotel and I have no complaints.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank Raj_luvsya
Cochin
Reviewed 25 October 2009

This was my third visit to Munnar with my family. I have selected this hotel for a change from the usual place. I was too happy for my choice. This hotel is a very new property in munnar town. Very well located near to a large football ground.
The entire hotel is on Movie theme.. In my knowledge it is first of its kind in India. All 50 rooms are furnished on basis of 50 different movies .. all master pieces on the silver screen are selected..

I happened to stay in the room "' GOD FATHER"' The room describes the the story of the movie in short and has got few scenes of the movie on its wall.. I could see some rooms named like..Kuch kuch hotai hai...kal ho n ho...DDLJ... Maya bazaar... Run lola run..Titanic...Then mavin kombathu...Vadakken veera gatha...etc etc..

The restaurant ( maya bazaar) served excellent food..

The name SILVERTIPS itself explains , the connection with movie world...

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — internet facility
  • Stayed October 2009, travelled with family