We got a good deal at Archana since we traveled during the off-season in August. The hotel is a small property. A stand-alone building near a river side. It's approx. 15-20 mins walk from the main Munnar market. I would advise anyone going to Munnar not to stay in the main market area. There are no good views and there's nothing much to do in the market (no good restaurants or shopping).
The view from Archana was not great considering the astounding locales Munnar has to offer. But for the price we paid, we were quite satisfied with the room. The room was nicely done up. There were 2 small balconies overlooking the river and the golf course beyond it. It was calm, serene and beautiful.
1. Food was great
2. Pretty and clean rooms
3. The staff was very helpful and sweet
4. Window curtains had some stains on them ... Though it really did not affect us, it kind of spoils the entire feel of a perfectly nice room
5. The small road (less than 500 meters) leading to the hotel is quite bumpy and muddy. It becomes difficult to walk on it when it rains
6. Expect only accommodation and food. There is not much to do within the hotel. No games, garden area, spa etc. Its perfect for budget travelers who are looking for decent, clean place to sleep and who are going to spend the whole day sight seeing. But if you are with kids or if you want to spend maximum time enjoying the property, then its not the place for you
7. The hotel helps in arranging taxis for sight seeing. But i would advise to take a taxi from the market rather from the hotel. We took a taxi from the hotel for 1-day sight seeing. Firstly, it was more expensive than the market rates (more than 50%). The hotel manager promised we can keep the taxi from 10am to 6pm and can roam around ~120km. We wanted to finish Top Station by 1-2 pm and then go to rajamalai. We started early and we were not interested in boating & tea making factory kind of attractions en route to Top Station. Hence we had enough time to go to both the places. But the taxi driver was quite stubborn about not doing 2 routes (Top Station and Rajamalai fall on 2 different routes according to most of the sight seeing tours offered in Munnar). He said Top Station is a 1 day trip and he refused to take us to Rajamalai. The next day when we inquired with taxi drivers in the market, they offered to do both the places in 1 days in much lesser price than what we paid only for Top station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 24 well furnished rooms with a multi cuisine restaurant, riverside seafood specialty restaurant, Ayurvedic spa, Beauty Parlor, banquet hall, recreational room, travel desk,adventure activities, package tours, and event management. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Archana Residency Munnar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Archana Residency Munnar Kerala