“Okay hotel. Recommended for short stay”
Review of Aida Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Munnar
Aida Homestay
Ranked #125 of 187 Munnar B&B and Inns
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Okay hotel. Recommended for short stay”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I have a mixed experience about this homestay. Let me start with likes.

Good room, neat and clean, very near to KSRTC bus stand, good view form the balcony. They have a small beautiful garden, with place to sit out and a big swing,actually a perfect place to take photo. But liqour bottles by the side simply dont look good.

Dislikes
The owner. As a host he is not that polite or sophisticated. Though he didnt say us any thing but somehow his behaviour turned me off. I had booked the room in advance and he said that for three person their rate is Rs 1400 but if I book in advance I have to pay Rs 1250 per day. But at the time of giving sending them advance money he changed his word and said that I have to pay Rs 1400 per day. As I was not getting any other hotels I agreed but. But during the time of check out I said him about Rs 1250. He simply refused and said its never possible that he could ever say Rs 1250 and asked if we have any proof. Thankfully I carried the print out of the mail and showed him. On seeing he had no choice but to accept it.

This homestay is a bit far away from the main town. Rs 30 or Rs 40 auto fare. There is only one restaurant nearby and all the other restaurants, markets are 2 km away from this. So I suggest if u are staying for a day this is ok otherwise you better take a hotel which is in the main city and restaurants are at a walk able distance.

Room Tip: If you are travelling as couple ask them a room on the first floor which has view.