We stayed at pulimoottil estate for 3 nights last week. There is another entry on trip advisor for deep woods resort which is the same property. It is called deep woods resort inside pulimoottil estate. It is a collection of rooms and individual cottages in the midst of a forest of sorts. We were travelling with two little children and were upgraded to a 4 bedroom bungalow.
1. The privacy. Bungalows aren't placed next to each other.
2. Our caretakers- A very warm couple who took care of all our needs, some slightly out of the way. Traveling with kids and my dad with slightly specific dietary requirements, the caretakers were very helpful.
3. Surroundings- located in the midst of the forest, the ambience was good. The property has been maintained well. The entire premises was very clean. A very good standard of housekeeping was maintained everyday.
4. The small swing outside the bungalow. All of us took turns to sit on it early in the morning and late at night.
1. Without a personal vehicle, the resort in itself is thoroughly inaccessible. The terrain is uneven and the roads involve steep slopes throughout the premises. If you have walking difficulties or are wheelchair bound, please ensure you come with your vehicle.
I heard that they offer a pick up and drop to the bungalow for breakfast at the restaurant but we didn't avail it.
2. The only mobile network that has some coverage is BSNL. We did use the landline but it wasn't very clear.
3. The geysers weren't fully functional. It would work only in the master bedroom. Though they tried to help, we found this a little inconvenient.
4. After settling the bill and staying around the reception area for a while longer, once we left the premises two people chased us in a minivan as they hadn't charged us for the cake we had ordered. This behavior was rather unprofessional. We were stopped on the road and asked to pay INR 216!
The location can be either a positive or negative depending on what you are looking for. It is 13kms from the town of Munnar on Mankulam road. So if you are looking for a getaway from any kind of hustle bustle, this is a good option. Instead if u'd like to visit a lot of tourist spots in a couple of days, you should look to say in the town. Please note that while they try to meet all basic requirements at the bungalow, it is impossible to find any other way to buy something unless u travel to the town.
The driver is given accommodation and food at the drivers' dorm but our driver said it wasn't satisfactory and chose to sleep in the car instead. They are specifically barred from staying in the bungalow.
We were in all satisfied with our stay there. I would suggest this place to large groups who want to enjoy a good break without much contact with the outside world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first bungalow resort in Munnar with 45 rooms consisting of gracefully landscaped 10 bungalows, 02 cottages and 16 deluxe rooms aptly spread across 30 acres of Cardamom plantation and deep woods, revitalizing your mind, body & soul in forest environment. The resort is just 10km away from Munnar city bus station, just 15 minutes drive through immaculately manicured tea gardens and by the stream is mind refreshing. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Pulimoottil Estate Hotel Munnar
- Pulimoottil Estate Munnar, Kerala