“Not ideal place to be in” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of OYO Rooms Clouds Valley

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Munnar
OYO Rooms Clouds Valley
Ranked #83 of 178 Munnar B&B and Inns
Bengaluru, India
“Not ideal place to be in”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

The hotel is not good and there were hardly any staff when we reached. The manager told me the management was changing the next day,so no staff. We were running behind him for getting hot water. Being in chilly weather and no hot water for bathing is such horrible scenario. The back view is good as u can see in the photos that are uploaded. The front view of the hotel is very bad.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SurajNayak

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kochi (Cochin), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Okay do not mistake the overall rating as a definite factor for your stay here. I have rated this solely because this was what i wanted and what was delivered to me as discussed while checking in. Firstly about the location a small area called Pothema du nestled in between the tea gardens hill of Munnar. Although en route you might come across this place as neat once you are in the center you realize the cost of burgeoning growth in this sector. Not a huge discomfort although a eye soar a-midst this beautiful place. Seriously, I was flabbergasted with the beauty surrounding this place coupled with the morning dew and light fog, it jus left me in awe. Now about the hotel, not a 5 star most definitely. a very comfortable stay for the price i payed. Insist for including breakfast. Am sure with a little courteous but shrewd talking you can get a very cost effective, as with everything else in life. As for the amenities we received towels, hot drinking water on request, and a hot water in the shower not better explained than in the words of my friend... ''i just did not wanna come out''...
We stayed for a night, pleasant stay, luckily we had a good movie and a few drinks and phone calls from our near and dear ones to keep us preoccupied through the night. I did not mention food as we were told that the food would be brought from outside so we brought our food from our tour around the town. P.s try avoiding road side food stops, exorbitant prices and not worth the costs. The night was really cool and i want to add pin drop silence as we were quite a bit from the town, the only effects of the traffic were visible headlight from miles across the valley from a road on the hill towards the town. Serene, like watching a television with the mute on.
The morning was another cherry on my cake, as excepted because I knew this when i check out my room before checkin. Nothing but the birds chirping and an remarkable view of the tea estate across the hills only got me wondering what was across those hills. For tea we had to step outside, because again as mentioned to us earlier there was no in house cook. Simple, across the street me and my friend found our cuppa, revitalizing mind, body and soul. Then walk. We just went bonkers with our camera in our hand and nature abounding beauty welcoming us with open arms. Of course after we cross the small waste dump on the road sides. Really heart wrenching it is to see the town not being taken care of. A waste management system in Munnar is in order. ((Personally i think the resorts and hotel should step up and give back to Munnar for using her resources. We have to keep these resources for our kids.))
Back into our room i had to gently remind the staff for our breakfast as promised to us. And on the dot at 0730 we got plenty dosas neatly sent to our room. After a quick shower and good breakfast we hit the roads back to Kochi.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Bangalore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Terrible is the word that preciously expresses my agony, frustration and displeasure about this hotel. The day I checked into the room, I found there was no soap and towel although the room was neat and clean. I had to call thrice and go down to reception twice. A second time when I went to the reception, both the things were on their reception table. I had to show my displeasure to get them delivered to the room. The next thing I found was TV was not working, I had to again call twice and go there personally to get someone attend it. Issue was with remote battery which was never replaced during my stay in the hotel; had to watch TV without a remote.

Next day morning was even worst, There was no one in the reception to attend the call till 7.30am. For tea, I had to venture out of the hotel and carry it to the room for family. Next, there was no hot water. Had to wait for half an hour and that too by calling the hotel driver. Receptionist gave me another room's key for taking bath. As a result our 3 hours got waisted in getting ready and go for sight seeing.

Food was OK.

Only good thing was that the people there are very friendly and curtious but with no customer service. So please avoid this hotel if there are other better options.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Venkatesa1

Travellers are raving about these Munnar hotels

Chennai (Madras), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Rooms are unclean & no restaurant .... i never ever seen in such that Dramatical guys in my life.
Even lodge is good better than this............ This is my client had bad experience..........
PLS DONT GO THERE ****** HOTEL IN MUNNAR..

Room Tip: Poopada REsort in munnar.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank srkraghav6778
Bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

Rooms are ok ,blankets are not good.Service is ok. Food is worst ,charges are V V high compared to food.Few rooms will have good view.Recommended for people going by own vehicle . so that they can got to City for food

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

3 Thank Lalatendu P
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2012

The view is excellent, you will never get a better view than from my balcony at meghdoot hotel. THE SUITE ROOMS AT MEGHDOOT. are the way to go. THE FOOD IS GOOD AND THE ROOF-TOP SPA IS VERY PROFESSIONAL, THE STAFF ARE INFORMATIVE AND POLITE. it is located 3 kms. from munnar thus sometimes they have a pick-up and drop service

Room Tip: ASK FOR A SUITE ROOM , FACING THE TEA-PLANTATION TRY THE CHILLI CHICKEN the sun-set or sun-rise is...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family