“An experience with a difference...Enjoyed!!!!”

Gruenberg Tea Plantation Haus
Ranked #15 of 203 Munnar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had a stay with my partner for 2 days and really enjoyed the experience Gruenberg gave us for those two days.The food was really good and plenty in quantity.Had a good sleep as the area being in the middle of a tea estate was free of any noise and disturbance.The rooms were very clean and tidy.The food was given on time.The view point from Gruenberg is also great...A mountain with a beautiful view....Enjoyed with my partner alotttt.....

Room Tip: Rooms on the First and Second Floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I slept fort 3 nights and really enjoyed my stay. The hotel is located in the middle of the tea plantations in a nice and quiet area.
Rooms are beautiful and tastefully decorated. They are large and the upper ones give a tremendous view on the surrounding plantations.
There is no AC but I was there during the hottest days of the year and even if I'm sensitive to heat, it was not a problem as altitude makes nights cooler.
The staff was nice and quite helpful.
The only reproach I would make is that on the the first days, the restaurant was a bit slow, even if the food was very good and the staff understood well that our European stomachs were not too spice friendly.
Don't hesitate to go there.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, and I am not disappointed. The hotel is located right in the middle of beautiful tea plantations. It is conveniently located near Munnar town and all key attractions (elephant rides, dam, spice plantations etc).
The big big selling factor, aside from the spacious & clean rooms with their bluetooth music stand, their balcony & the multiple windows, the great bathroom with an awesome Italian like shower, the fantastic rooftop overlooking the plantations - is definitely the friendliness of the staff. Constant smiles, super helfpul... this altogether made for a GREAT experience.
Would I recommend this hotel? Definitely yes, I'd even go back myself.

2 things to note: the food at the restaurant is excellent (and come in generous portions)... but do order in advance as it may take a while to get ready, (try the chicken spaghetti bolognese, it was YUM). Second thing is that, being inside a plantation, there are a few bugs inside the premises... no big deal (and probably emphasized by the fact that I'm a complete bug freak) but the awesome staff gave me a Hit spray straight away to put my mind at peace - nice touch.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floors, great view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Gruenberg has an excellent location in a tea plantation.

The service was excellent and the food was delicious for dinner and breakfast.

Definitely the best munnar has to offer.

We thoroughly enjoyed the guided walk through the plantation.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank travel7979
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Hi .. This is second time we had been in Gruenberg after a Year . Ultimate Location Surrounded with Tea plantations & very good Service by Mr. Anand & rajesh. We were there for 3 nights & We enjoyed the location .I recommend this Location for all Nature Lovers .
If u plan for Munnar ,don't miss a stay in Gruenberg. (Tnx to Mr.Sherin & Mr. Anand)

Room Tip: I suggest u can go for 1st or 2nd floor ,not much Difference ,if u get for 2nd don't miss it (20...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I check out this amazing property after hearing the good reviews from tripadvisor. I must say that I was not disappointed. The place is a little tucked in from Munnar so keep the numbers of the hotel manager Mr. Anand handy.He will guide you there. This wonderful property is situated right in the middle of a tea plantation and one can only see green and misty mountain as far ones eyes reach. Since the rooms are very limited one can feel "really" the tranquility most of the time.The rooms are big and nice and even has Bluetooth speakers in case one feels like listen to your favorite songs from your phone. The toilets are very clean. The staff and service must have special mention. They are very courteous but at the same they keep their distance and this helps. The food is very good and almost all the items that me and my family checked where up to the mark or better. Remember to order all the food atleast half and hour in advance.This is the only little minus I can point out. One must not miss the top floor from where one can be an almost 360 degrees. Dont forget to check this place and I promise you that you will keep coming for more. The view from here ( especially the east side view) is awesome. There is a lovely library there if one feels like lounging there or keep a check on the birds and the local zoological diversity through the telescope placed there. The last bit of the road reaching the place is a little narrow for comfort and bumpy but we must remember that it is inside a tea plantation. My advice is to take the Lorelei rooms ( room 204 or 207). These rooms are priced a little higher but it absolutely worth every cent .The views from here are amazing. If I go back to Munnar it will be Gruenberg for sure.

Room Tip: Stay in room not 204 or 207
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We had stayed here in may for 3 days . my son, wife and me really enjoyed our stay in this amazing property with some fantastic staff and their manager Anand. The location within the tea garden is amazing and one wakes up to chirping of different birds. The rooms are very well appointed and having glass windows on both sides with balcony is really good. Will recommend to friends and visit again. Cheers

• Stayed: May 2014