“Good but not Great!!!!”
Review of Hillview Munnar

Hillview Munnar
Ranked #36 of 108 Hotels in Munnar
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I am writing this review the very next day of my Check out from Hillview. Stayed May 10-11-2014. I booked this hotel (A deluxe room) based on reviews from Tripadvisor and i can say the reviews were quite helpful. But to be frank i didnt feel completely contended.
Let me tell why......., so i start with the CONS first:-
1. The very first dissappointment came on the way to hotel, the road under construction to this hotel was a major hindrance and it ruined my plans to have an evening walk with my wife around munnar
2. The next dissapointment was with the welcome juice a Papaya which was not pleasing either.
3. I had read in the reviews about their artistic wrapping of the towels. But so sad, we didnt find any towels (in any shape) and had to call the reception for one.
4. The food was good but not great. Their buffet lunch was not appealing. Breakfast was OK.
5. There were no TV channels aside malayalam and tamil. It being an IPL season i was expecting to watch it overnight. There were no hindi, sports and english channels either. This is not what one expects while paying around 3000/- for a day.
6. The staff at the restaurant were a bit "Extra" caring, always looking up the guests while they are dining...personally me and my wife felt it a disturbance.
Coming to the PROS:-
1. Yes, the staff and reception and Mr Mansur Ali were really very helpful. They were always ready to help us in any way. They arranged their vehicle for our 2 days sight seeing and it was really worth for what we paid.
2. This is near to the Town and the view from the room is quite good
3. Rooms were neat and clean though the bathroom was a bit old fashioned

Irrespective of the above, needless to say, we enjoyed our stay and surely had a nice time

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
hillviewmunnar, Guest Relations Manager at Hillview Munnar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for the feedback and constructive comments on the need for us to do better.We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience faced by you .It is a very relevant feedback.

at the same day only out side some problem in the cable vision after that it rectified. any way sorry.

We will most definitely be more sensitive in the future to provide a calm and relaxing environment, when pointed out to us by our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

With warm regards,
Mansur ali.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Excellent stay. Wonderful accommodating staff. Clean and neat rooms. Facilities inhouse excellent. Food is very good. Above all the hospitality and cordiality of the staff made it a memorable trip for us. Lalitha, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
hillviewmunnar, Guest Relations Manager at Hillview Munnar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Lalitha mam,

Greetings From Hill view munnar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at Hillview munnar. It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Your compliments about the staff in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team. Your kind words of appreciation for our staff members will go a long way in motivating and encouraging them to do even better in future

We greatly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to hill view munnar!!!!!

Kind regards,
MANSUR ALI

Reviewed 24 April 2014

It was very gud hotel, first the look of the hotel is very nice, next to that Mansure Ali the manager of the hotel he is very gud person he will guide us if u r new to that place. The reception and serving ,food everything is gud it my personal experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
hillviewmunnar, General Manager at Hillview Munnar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Guest, I would like to say Thank you for the wonderful review you have shared in Tripadvisor regarding your stay in Hill view Munnar.

Thank you for sharing the positive elements of your holiday, specifically for recognizing the efforts of our colleagues, your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration for the entire team to consistently maintain the high standards of hospitality service which you have experienced during your stay with us.
I am very happy to read that you will be returning to stay with us once again in your next holiday. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back to Hillview Munnar.

With warm regards,
G.M.ABHINAVANATH.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Best place to stay in munnar with excellent service with friendly atmosphere we just loved it . Excellent service and hospitality... had gud fun:) an taking back home lot of memories with us an we love to come back again with family :) just loveing it ..

• Stayed: April 2014
hillviewmunnar, Guest Relations Manager at Hillview Munnar, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Gust,

Greetings!

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service and for choosing your accommodations at our Hillview munnar.While we also wish, that you would be still with us, we greatly appreciate your kind endorsement of our staff services and the high quality of the hotel.Your positive comments are a great motivation for the team. We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back home soon.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2014

It is a good hotel in Munnar ,completely made of wood but with no lift .staff is very good,humble,but distant from city area and no option nearby for eating other than hotel restaurant which is also ok but very less options.also at my time there was some construction work going on outside hotel which was creating noise.
Overall It was a nice stay here

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
hillviewmunnar, Guest Relations Manager at Hillview Munnar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Guest, It was a pleasure to have you stay at hill view munnar...Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the service and facilities.The team will have a big smile when they see your feedback!

I am really SORRY for all the inconvenience faced by you during your stay with us, at the time of your stay lift work was not completed.now lift started functioning,

I would like to personally assure you that going forward all your stays will be my personal responsibility and I will ensure that your experience with us will be in line with your expectations.

I look forward to receiving an opportunity of serving you soon again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2014

As promised they provided an unforgetable honeymoon package for me . complete with flowers , chockolates , candles , fruits, wine ,decoarations and all . sightseeing and elephant safafri was included in the package , and finally we did not even want to leave the place after two nights of stay. Special thanks to jeev. whom we spoke to from the day 1 .will certainly be back and certainly reccomend others tooo!!

Room Tip: Perhaps if rooms are available they will show u some choice if you ask !!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anupama_bh
hillviewmunnar, Guest Relations Manager at Hillview Munnar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Guest, Greetings from Hotel hill view munnar.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor further to your experience at hillview. It is our earnest endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy a memorable experience and I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Your delight with our facilities and our services is an indication of our success in delivering a memorable stay.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.....

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Munnar is a very nice place to visit. The lake view from Hill view hotel is Memorable. Excellent hospitality. Food tastes like Home Made food. We can get all varieties of India food which is served hot.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cupidz
hillviewmunnar, Guest Relations Manager at Hillview Munnar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review us on Tripadvisor.

It is my pleasure to read that you had a wonderful experience staying with us and that the cuisine, service,ect....Your kind comments regarding the staff which is much appreciated.We believe that it is only by working on feedback we can achieve higher standards, helping us to exceed guest expectations.

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope to welcome you back to the hotl hill view munnar.....

Warm regards