“Camelot re-visit”
Review of Camelot Resort

Camelot Resort
Ranked #52 of 103 Hotels in Munnar
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This was my third visit to the resort having known Mr Dileep for over 10 years.
Memories of my previous visit and the indelible mark the location left on me made me wander back to the place.
And how much has changed, lovely rooms, paved walking paths, and landscaped gardens.. However, the warmth , hospitality and excellent service has remained the hallmark of Camelot.
The visit was marked by one of the heaviest monsoons the place has seen. Mist, howling windy and the rains added to the wonderful experience.., k p murali, Chennai

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank kpmurali

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Exact GPS Location of Camelot Resort: N 10°3'37.0" E 77°0'27.8"

Booking:
I booked the Hummingbird room(Super Luxury room), which is very spacious and has good view. However I felt that it doesn't worth even to pay this much for a resort which has only basic amenities.

Driving:
I took the Dindugal-Theni-Munnar route, but decided to return through the Udumalpet route due to lot of maintenance work in theni route. Also the udumalpet route has the waterfalls and many other tourist attractions.

Location:
After reaching munnar, I decided not to believe my GPS or Google Maps, since I learnt that it has a private road to the letchmi estate, which is not available in maps. You must take the mankulam road from Munnar nearly for 8 kms and then drive another 2 kms in a narrow private road (Forest).

Final 2 kms may increase your heartbeat because it has no proper road and very steep that you can't find in munnar. I guess another few degree inclination would have tilted the vehicle. However my car was able to climb in first gear without any trouble.

I really like this resort as there was a complete privacy with no disturbance. Rooms were clean and has good view from the room. Staffs were courteuos and They cooked a very good food. My kid never wanted to leave this resort as she liked it very much.

If you are planning to visit this resort, then buy BSNL (Cell One) sim card, since this is the only network that will work in the resort. You must reach the resort before 6 pm for clear visiblity (fog) of the road. Also I was told about an elephant that came down last night. There are no shops or hospitals for next 10 kms, so go prepared. However there was always a mild fear since I was the only guest in this private resort, phone is not reachable and nobody can question if something worst have happened.

For Family, if you are going in groups, then this is the best place to stay. Otherwise you may take the risk as I did.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank sathish329
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Camelot resort situated at the top most part of Munnar,It is most highlighting feature in the Camelot resort.. Camelot resort really is a hill station and providing super luxury room,luxury room,deluxe room as we prefer. Really I had a great experience there..We can catch the wonderful view of the misty mountains around Camelot resort.. I enjoyed the self sufficiency of Camelot.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank shikanehra
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This is one excellent resort for all its qualities - location, service, premises,
Here's what i loved about this place: - wonderfully warm staff - beautiful huge rooms and nice housekeeping staff who taught us how to fold towels in fancy shapes - lavish buffet spread for all meals - in the middle of scenic tea gardens - beautiful tree house
i would definitely come back here with my family to experience the best get together

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank falconwod
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Especially the room that we got was facing the hills. The outside view from room was exceptional. The two days we spent was a lazy holiday where no phone could disturb. Just the two of us. We got some friends in the evening along with the owner of resort. We played some one minute games and had a bonfire before the dinner. I forgot the name of owner, but he was very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Navjot68
Hiero2012, Director of Sales at Camelot Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

We are pleased to note that you had a wondreful experience At Camelot Resort, thanks for motivating our team. The team and the owner Mr.Dileep is eagerly waiting for you to be back soon to our wonderful destination!!!

Reviewed 8 March 2013

We had the most delightful time staying at the Bald Mountain House. The scenery, the nature food we were served every day, and the quiet location made for a most relaxing stay.The Customer Service was the Best, this started from the first email I sent , inquiring about a weekend we wanted to stay at Camelot Resort, the owner Mr.Dileep made sure we have the right directions -emailed a copy to me because the GPS can turn you around on the mountain giving you wrong directions or not work, We drove right up to the house no problem and was greeted by him when we got there.The bed and breakfast is elegantly decorated with 3 spacious upstairs bedroom suites, each with their own view of spectacular mountain scenery. Linens, top quality, are clean and fresh. Beds are exceptionally comfortable. We went up to the top of resort 360 view, took some pictures and was excellent.

Room Tip: All the Rooms Are Great with a Great View.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank lognac
Hiero2012, Director of Sales at Camelot Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

We are pleased to note that you had a nice experience with us.At Camelot Resort, we believe in quality and personalized service. We are trying to do more addons to improve the guest satisfaction and the feedback from our valued guests is really a motivation to our team.We are eagerly waiting for you to be back soon to our wonderful destination!!!

Reviewed 17 February 2013

stayed 2 nights in blackberry and one night in camelot. i must say the location of this resort is simply superb.it is located around the tea gardens,in the wild.the rooms are quite spacious and bathrooms are clean.the owner,Mr Dileep took us for a tea plantation tour early in the morning. the food is also good.i like it,but my mother didnt.so to each his own.we also purchased spices from the hotel an they were very good.all original.service is good and so is the overall interior of the resort.it is tastefully done.overall a very good property.i would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank enthudoc
Hiero2012, Director of Sales at Camelot Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

First of all let me thank you for your wonderful experiences at Camelot Resort,Munnar, your comments have motivated our team to continue the same.We welcome you back to our resort for much more surprises in future and once again thanking you for taking your precious time to support us.

Lenin Peter