“Good resort and kind people”
Review of Shamrock

Shamrock
Ranked #51 of 164 Speciality Lodging in Munnar
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Resort is good. Food is OK and not bad. Only cons I see is the resort is away from the town and little isolated. Management is very responsive and prompt. view from the resort is very good and rooms are well maintained.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Thank Ramamurthy Sett... G
There are newer reviews for Shamrock

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We have stayed at Shamrock, Munnar from 20/09/2013 to 22/09/2013 (2 Nights) as per the booking done by contacting Mr.Manoj over telephone.
The stay was a nice experience to all of us, especially the rooms. The house keeping was excellent and service was very good. Mr. Roney and his assistants Mr. Benedict and Mr.Salman was very much helpful and everytime ready to help.
The food was good especially the breakfast. The dinner for the first night (20/09/2013) was not upto the mark. But second nights dinner was very tasty,
My overall experience was very good. I give full marks to staff and rooms.

NISANTH
KOLLAM

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NisanthG
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Shamrock has rather large rooms, when compared to most B&Bs. The room I stayed in was spacious, clean and neatly done.

The two major positives of Shamrock: their showers - perfect showers! There's hot water 24/7 and good water pressure (if you're surprised this is one of the positives; of all the places I stayed at during my 2 weeks in Kerala, this was the only one with a perfect shower. You learn to appreciate the simple things in life, more so when they're missing); and the view from the rooms - all rooms face the valley. Late at night and early morning, you'll feel like you're in the clouds. When the fog clears up, you can see the beautifully green valley below.

Shamrock serves a complimentary breakfast from 7:30-10:00 am to its patrons. Any later and you'll pay for it (literally, it's not on the house anymore). You have two options: a traditional breakfast consisting of either dosa or idli and if not the traditional breakfast, then you can opt for toast with butter and jam and coffee/tea.

The only negative is the food at Shamrock. Besides breakfast which is decent, the food at Shamrock is quite pitiful. We had dinner at Shamrock; chicken hot and sour soup and chicken hakka noodles. Both were miserable. The soup was excessively salty and the noodles looked nothing like they should have. I initially sent them back, thinking they'd send me rice instead. However, when closely examined, we realized in fact they were noodles (white in colour) and finely cut up (which is why I mistook it for rice). The noodles were tasteless but still managed to leave me with a bad taste in my mouth!

Overall though, I'd say Shamrock is a nice place if you're looking for a good night's sleep and a pretty view from your room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2013

It was a fantastic experiance...lovely view and location...breakfast was super...i am very thankful to Mr Romi for providing the service which we missed in a lot of star hotel...but nxt tim we wil book for super dlx :-D

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Hello friends,

We had stay for 1 night at Hotel Shamrock in second week of august 2013 & to give summary, here are the plus points of hotel.

1. Not typical commercial hotel.
2. Villa type stay with spacious rooms
3. Excellent balcony view
4. Very clean bathrooms & 24 hr hot running water.
5. Breakfast was good

Minus points.
1. Bit away from city but it is worth.
2. Lunch & dinner items are managed from outside as they don't have full fledged restaurant.

Booking, check in, checkout was smooth. All the hotel staff were helpful, Thanks to manager Mr. Anto who not only offered deluxe room instead of booked standard room(due to off season) but also allowed us to use their kitchen to cook for kid as & when required that too at no extra charge. breakfast was good.
My best wishes for the Hotel.

Room Tip: All except the once at ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed in the resort for 3 days in February 2013 with my wife. First of all, the views you get from most of the room's balconies are awesome. The balcony overlooks green vegetation sloping down your sight, and hills at a distant sight. The surroundings of the resort is beautiful to have a stroll, morning or evening walk. The staff is very friendly, rooms are neat and spacious and food is good. I would strongly recommend this hotel for those who are looking for a quite and calm place away from the bustle of a city, a nice hotel within budget to relax for few days.

Room Tip: Almost all the rooms have good view from the balcony
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This is my first experience of booking a hotel online based on online reviews. I reviewed all the resorts available in Munnar in tripadvisor.com and in makemytrip.com and finally decided to book Shamrock as it had considerable number of reviews, most of which have been very nice. I should say that it was a good decision. We had a very nice experience there. We had booked a Standard Double Room there. Since the existing guest in our room extended their stay, we were offered a Super Deluxe room at the same cost. The room was quite spacious and clean. The housekeeping staff did a very good job. The breakfast was also good and quite sufficient. The view from our balcony was also very nice. Ofcourse, there are low level dwellings just below the resort, but it does not affect the view much. We have an excellent view out there and for people who would want to watch other people, even these dwellings were interesting to see.
I have only two points of improvement. First one is, I would suggest is provision for night stay and refresh for our cab driver. Since the climate is cool or cold for quite a number of days, hot water for their bath will help the drivers. My second suggestion is a simple one. The sambar served for the breakfast lacks tamarind. Without it, the sambar tastes like Dal that is prepared for Chappathi. It will be good if the chefs learn to make south indian sambar.
Overall it was a nice experience and I will definitely recommend this place for anyone visiting Munnar.

Room Tip: If money is not a constraint, go in for Super Deluxe room since they are on the top floor and have a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family