Cool Palace Hotel
Hotel Rajmahal(Nashik)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$30
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I had no choice but to come here as my regular hotel, Holiday Plaza at Shalimar was full when i arrived in Nasik at 2100 hrs.
The hotel starts from the 1st floor of the building, but there is no lift from the ground to 1st floor. So in case you are carrying any luggage, you will need to lift it yourselves to get to the reception.
The man at reception is very mechanical, without a smile, and would want to approve the rates even before he can show you any room.
I am at a Executive AC room, the best one they have. Yet it is way below you can expect. The AC could not be started for 20 mins after I check into the room.
The TV does not have any English channels, except 2 news channel. There are a loads of Marathi channels though.
The bed is hard, really hard, so it would be good if you already have a back problem. Else enjoy the therapy as there is little you can do about it.
There is no restaurant attached to the hotel, but they have a kitchen, and a basic menu that they will prepare when an order is placed. Min time for order is 30 mins. The breakfast is complementary and limited. Will serve 1 plate poha or 3 slice bread with tea. But this is after 0800 hrs, which is too late for me. So I ordered for a tea at 0700 hrs. It was served in a brown plastic cup. Not good.
The last night, there were king size mosquitoes in the room.
The bathroom is also full of hard water white stains.
If you can find an option, please do, as staying in this hotel, you will pay the max but get the least. This is not a recommended place to stay in Nasik.

Room Tip: Only look at the best AC room the hotel has, it might come to your use. Else its a waste.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Paraglider03
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This is strictly avg to below avg hotel.had stayed here during the nashik sula fest 2013. I paid Rs.1100 on agoda for an executive non ac room, (agoda site showed Rs.2200 less 50% discount), while the hotel rack rate was Rs 1100 and while checking out I received a bill for Rs 950 (incl taxes)!

Most sites are showing inflated price for this hotel and then giving you a discount which also is higher than the price if you book directly!

Food was horrible. Complimentry breakfast of meduwada was ice cold and inedible.

Avoidable stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Deepeshbak
Reviewed 29 January 2013

When I booked the hotel after going through the reviews on the net, I was little dicy about the way by stay would be. However, when I entered the hotel, I felt quite good for what I paid (950+ 200 extra person and that too inclusive of a good wholesome breakfast).
The rooms are not that big however are kept neat and clean. They provide hot water in the morning. There is a lobby area on the first floow where you can have your dinner. And if you have kids they can play there.
Since, I went with my 97 year old granny, I had confirmed about the lift since the hotel starts from first floor. They said they had a bel at the entrance and once the visitor rings it, the lift facility can be availed. People were quite co-operative and the food they served me with was also not bad. Since the hotel does not have a restaurant attached, one needs to place an order in advance.
Another best thing is it located very close to the market place (panchvati walking). So if you are a Mumbaikar, the best place to relate the area is with bhuleshwar/ crawford market..

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JRP1008
Reviewed 4 June 2011

I checked-in at the Hotel on 1st June 2011 8.45 pm and Checked-out at 12 noon on 4th June 2011. Here are my experiences - both good and bad/worse - 1) I searched for a good hotel at Nashik through Google. I found Hotel Cool Palace (HCP) to be a good choice as it was very near to the places of my interest - i.e. Book Stalls - as I am an author as well as a publisher. First Impression: Its a High Class Lodge and not a Hotel. I called them up twice from a place nearby and they did not even care to send a bell boy to pick up my luggage from the ground floor to the 1st floor, where the reception is located. The watchman on ground floor was happily puffing off a Beedi and just gazed at me climbing up the stairs to the 1st floor where the reception is situated. I mentioned this upon arrival and they said that such services are provided only to regular and known customers and not new to comers. The LIFT does not work from Ground Floor, so one needs to negotiate at least 30 stairs to the reception. But the management is very very intelligent - as there's a BIG Board in place on ground floor which states that the LIFT works only from 1st floor onwards. I checked in only to find that the room # 302 that was allotted to me and whose bathroom door does not lock properly - Result - The A/C is not effective for that reason. So I asked for another room immediately. It was given instantly. That was Room # 303 and it was much smaller in size. The bathroom mirror seems to be more than 10 years old. Its just poor quality. Had they invested in a branded Mirror, it would have lasted for at least 20 years. Then next day i changed the room to #215 as it was more spacious than #303. SO THREE changes as per their records. 302 to 303 to 215.

Regarding Room Service - Every HOTEL in INDIA having this tariff range will have a SAUCER under your cup of Tea. But like in many LODGES, your cup of tea is served only in CUPS minus the Saucer.

And the FOOD - Its lent out to an outsider. They are really hard working people and serve your good food. But the management reserves the right to serve you bottled water.

The room Service # is 333 and call up that # and ask for a bottle of mineral water and don't be surprized if a maid knocks at your door and if you say COME IN time and time again the maid waits outside and will hand over the bottle to you only if you open the door for her. She is a por soul. The Room Boys are to be blamed. They ask her to do that., as they are lazy guys and sit just in front of the reception for nothing.

Finally, the owners care for nothing - any complaint or suggestion is just heard and not acted upon. And the final word -When I asked for a corporate Discount at the time of check-out, the partner / owner - the OLDEST of them all, simply asked me as to why did I change my room THRICE in 3 days - So NO DISCOUNTS. Pay and Go.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank srbchess
Reviewed 14 July 2010

I stayed here for my family trip. Although there are many expensive hotels in nashik but if you are looking for an economical place then this is the place for you. Rooms were good and neat. Location is good you will find many things in nearby places.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple