“France in India!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“France in India!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Imagine riding through grape vineyards something that will remind you of a remote village in France or California!!. Forget about that, Nashik is here to give a run for money to these other global sites. Enter, York Winery, started by a Punjabi business family named after the initials of their family members, this winery is home to both green & black grapes. They have huge storage cellars capable of storing upto 60,000 litres of wine & they have a tasting room as well. Overall a 5 star rating.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Great experience .Quite place and the staff was attentive.

Nice view of the sunset. Much better than the over crowded Sula.

1 Thank ZAHIR2012
Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wine tasting & tour of York Winery, Nasik”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I visited York with two friends and we thoroughly enjoyed the tasting and tour. There is a small charge. My favourite wines were the Sauvignon Blanc and the Merlot. The tour was informative. Then we sat downstairs under cover in the open air with me sipping on a glass of sb overlooking the dam. A lovely way to spend a couple of hours.

1 Thank Bryan W
San Clemente, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“I must be drinking what everyone else was drinking!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have to admit that I am by no means a wine expert. However, I enjoy wines and I enjoy drinking wines that taste good to me. I found none of these at York.

First, the facilty here is very well done and makes for an open and friendly environment to take a tour, then taste some wines, and enjoy the view from the open terrace. Secondly, the people who worked here are very friendly, and extremely helpful and knowledgeable about their product. The problem is the quality of the wines.

I enjoy wines that have a pleasing bouquet, a pleasant to the taste, without a harsh initial or lasting aftertaste. My experience with York wines, and many from this region of India, have an extremely "earthy" aroma and taste, with sharp and lasting taste of grass and decaying plant matter. These were not at all pleasing to me. That is why I comment that I must not have been drink the wines that everyone else is commenting here as good.

3 Thank Mashatu
Nasik
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“York”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I find the place very good Actually better view and good food. Good Wine, Lot of green lawn, good for couples and friends. One can spend a few hours in the evening have dinner and enjoy the evening.

Visited November 2013