“1 minute from Golden temple, good rooms.”
Review of Hotel Grace

Hotel Grace
Ranked #48 of 97 Hotels in Amritsar
“1 minute from Golden temple, good rooms.”
Reviewed 19 July 2012 via mobile

I was looking for a hotel so badly all over Amritsar, 'till the manager found me- hehe. Seems like an exclusive hotel at the beginning, and it is so- you should just pick the quiet rooms, not near the road. Big rooms, you can bargain for the price. Internet and wi-fi, nice staff. You can pay 500 rs for single, though someone wrote she paid 400.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Kathmandu
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed here with my Nepalese friend for one night in the deluxe room which is a little expensive but worth the money. The room was spacious and clean with en suite. The room was bright and smelled fresh. The room had a T.V. with all the indian and punjab channels and also came with a fridge which was great as it ment we could keep our water freezing cold after returning from the scorching heat of Amritsar. The owner of the hotel was a very friendly cheerful man who spoke good english. After leaving the hotel, i realised i had lost my ring and when i returned to the hotel, one of the members of staff went to my room (which had already been bought by another tourist couple) and searched the room and found my ring. For this, i was really thankful and would recommend the hotel purely on the good service from the staff.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Clean hotel
Wifi in room
Helpful staff
Just round corner from golden temple
Would recommend

• Stayed May 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Good location, very near to Golden Temple. I stayed at hotel Grace for 2 nights in one of the more expensive rooms, because all the other rooms had no window and seemed rather humid. my room was spacious, but a bit humid as well and not all too clean (especially in the shower). the owner and his family were nice and talkative.
what left a bad impression to me: when I was checking out early in the morning, one of the staff was calling me an auto-rikshaw, telling me just some high price. I didn't care about the price because I was in a hurry. but then I saw the staff-guy behind the rikshaw taking some money from the driver - which meant to me, he was taking commission for my high price. altough it happens often in India, it's not a fair behaviour towards your guests...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Amritsar hotels

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Very happy with our stay at Hotel Grace. We arrived a few hours later than we had expected because of train delays, about 9pm at night. When we got to Amritsar it was crazy busy because of the holidays, the reception staff were ready waiting for us on the doorstep and were very welcoming. We both had not been very well and they couldn't have been more helpful. The room was away from the main road which meant it was quiet, it was clean and a reasonable bathroom with hot showers, good value for money. Owner Harry was very helpful in organising a shared taxi to the border ceremony, and directed us to a local english speaking doctor. The location is also perfect for visiting the Golden Temple.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Hotel Grace is a standard, affordable hotel within immediate walking distance of the Golden Temple. The owner was extremely friendly and helpful, helping us book a taxi to the Wagah Border ceremony and then the airport and negotiating down the price on our behalf.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Jaipur, India
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This hotel is very bad.. on the reservation call they gave very friendly feel. and gave a confirmation mail of reservation. when we arrived.. the owner said that we have not confirmed your reservation so you will not get the room.
Owner Harry and his father. both cheated us. and then how in the very morning we have to run to search any other hotel.
I really dont recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family