“Hotel Grace Amritsar India”
Review of Hotel Grace

Hotel Grace
Ranked #46 of 112 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Well situated, in the old city, very near from Golden Temple but room and hotel were quiet. Helpful and friendly staff who helped organized trip to border ceremony. Free wifi in the reception. Nice room.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 February 2013

We fell upon Hotel Grace after being misled by another hotel over the road which had since doubled their price from the guide that we had. Hotel Grace came to our rescue, and offered us a discounted rate after hearing our budget.

Anil and Harry are very helpful and informative and will assist in any further travel and activities to do in Amritsar.

The room we had was relatively basic, but due to our low budget we didn't expect the deluxe rooms (which are available). Overall, very clean and well-looked after. Even a TV was in the room, which surpassed our expectation. Overall I'd have to say that the best offering was the superfast wi-fi which was even available from our room. Anil's and Harry's conscientiousness makes them a credit to the industry and a free cup of Chai is always offered when you're in the reception area! Top service, keep up the good work!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We were quite stranded as one of the budget hotels recommended by lonely planet was too much to handle for us , a group of seven.
So we landed here, and the man quite elderly was so welcoming, we called him 'papa'. And perfect location.
We din't even find much trouble negotiating, he offered accordingly as we were all students, and even helped us arrange transport to the railway station at 4 am.
Rooms were clean, big beds, bathrooms big, hot water, tv. We did not have food in the hotel, i think that is not really a problem, as every corner has some food.

Room Tip: Steep stairs, so backpacker buddies with heavy bags,lower floors would be better.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I checked in on 1st Jan 2013, my stay was for 3 nights, I was with my wife and 3 yrs old son.

Moment i landed there i was asked advance for all the 3 days, which was really shock of my experience as normally visitors are welcomed with warmth & hospitality. But it reflected totally lodge type culture, where drivers are treated like this. The owner reminded me thrice in just an hour's time for the TOTAL advance.

When asked for Towels, the owner said, "we haven't got laundry from washer due to bad weather". After my pressure in evening they provided me low grade towels. Everyday you have to remind them for changing of towels.

I have travelled so much, but haven't found culture of asking money by house keeping staff for cleaning the room. When i paid her happily some amount, she refused to accept and asked for higher side.

Rooms are also in a bad shape. You cannot touch the curtains, it seems that Curtains haven't been washed from years long.

Only advantage staying there you will find is, "Its near to Golden Temple". But you can explore more better options around that place.

So overall experience in staying in this hotel is Pathetic.

"It doesn't shows Punjabi Hospitality for which PUNJAB is famous for".

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jayant_Arora
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Really enjoyed our time in Amritsar, owner and son were very friendly and showed us around this nice city. Even had some of the owners wife's birthday cake and tea.
Very clean and in a great spot opposite the Golden temple (which is amazing during the day and at night).
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I'm from Argentina and I stayed in the hotel for four nights. I liked the hotel very much. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful.The room, in wich I stayed, was big, bright and always clean. The hotel has also 24 hrs hot water.

The hotel has an excellent location, very near to the Golden Temple. And you can also use internet, every time you need, for free.

I felt very good in this hotel. I recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2012

this is my second time stay and i would recommend for two reasons.Firstly the staff is understanding and sweet and secondly rates are reasonable.What else you need when you are in a new city and you need guidance in every way.
Thanks Priyanka