We stayed for 3 nights at Ishan Villa at our recent visit to Amritsar.
Owner Vivek, is extremely good and believes in creating an experience. As our train was late , he suggested to take lunch order on phone, so that we don;t waste our time, when we reach hotel, and thus can reach Wagah border in time.He also recommended good places for us to visit.
1.It's a cute little hotel, clean, well maintained
2.Detailing is done on small small things, my son liked the coin collection
3.Food is awesome and the entire staff is very hospitable
4.Our cabs were arranged by Vivek, driver Sohan Singh was very good and reliable
5. Good value , considering the price you are paying
1.Place didn't look sound proof to me .We could not sleep on our first day, becaase of continuous noise of staff coming till 2 am. After that, we specifically asked them to be less noisy , voices stopped ,and didn't disturb for next few days. Vivek should look into this , as every visitor may not go out of the room on chilly night to complain about the same
2. It is around 10 kms from Golden temple/central attractions/Market. This can be little costly if you need to spend on cab daily, and if you are visiting Amritsar for the first time.
I thought about giving 4 or 5 rating , but ended up giving four mainly because of noises and distance from the central attractions.
Overall it's a worth a stay , if you are looking to spend relaxed holiday, out of the hustle and bustle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let us introduce our property to you. It is about 10 years old and one of the best, well- kept and the only 3 star boutique hotel of amritsar .Run by city's oldest business establishment having an experience of 100 years, it is situated in the calm & quiet pollution -free green land with lots of parking area at n.H-1 ,amritsar bye pass ,midway between wagha-border and golden temple. Winner of 2011's best boutique hotel award .More then 1000 old and rare coins on display.Here in this property, we celebrate with each and every group with warm welcome ,musical nights, mehandi nights,family games with loving gifts and our team always tries to be a part of our guests.We understand the value of the guest. We are operating 6 categories of rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Ishan Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.