“Good time in India”
Review of Bharat Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amritsar
Bharat Hotel
Ranked #38 of 142 Amritsar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I was a solo traveller and Karandeep and I became friends, he is the owner of the hotel and he is very nice and kind, he helped me in every possible way I needed and we also had a pleasant evening having dinner and playing bowling. The hotel is ok, clean for the indian standards, with good and convenient prices, big rooms with a/c and at walking distance from the railway station, just 10 mins by ritschaw from the city center where the Golden Temple is located and if you want, Karandeep can barg with the ritschaw for you ;)
Really, I enjoyed my stay and I had very good time, I trust Karandeep and I suggest you to stay at Bharat Hotel if you go to Amritsar, even if you are a solo girl, it's gonna be ok :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Lisa_Stregatta
HotelBharat, Guest Relations Manager at Bharat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Hello Lisa,
I also really enjoyed being in your company. Hope to see you again at Bharat Hotel.
Regards,
Karandeep Singh (R.M)

There are newer reviews for Bharat Hotel

Reviewed 28 February 2011

4 of us had single rooms. There was no hot water. There was a plumbing problem and water leaked from the ceilings onto the beds. We argued with the staff to get replacement sheets so we could sleep on the wet mattresses. There is an air shaft that amplifies every conversation in the building. The only redeeming feature of the place is that it is withing walkin distance of the train station.

OK. The place is cheap but it is a certified dump. One of the worst budget guest houses in all of India.

• Stayed: February 2011
3  Thank JHambone47
HotelBharat, Owner at Bharat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Hello this is karandeep singh, owner as well as relationship manager of this hotel. I know the problem which the customer faced during the time when the internal water pipe got leaked from the 3rd floor and the water came down from the ceilings on the 2nd floor.. I am extremely sorry but as you know that the problem which you faced was uncertain. It was a sudden problem and was immediately got repaired after the checkout of the customers.

Reviewed 4 August 2010

Located in a very handful place, with helpful and kind stuff! Good choice if you need a basic room for good price, but they also have bigger rooms with ac, so you have variety to choose.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mikelazio

Thank you very much.

Karandeep singh(R.M)

Reviewed 16 June 2010

Okay, the hotel was average, but what made this place so memorable in my memory was the friendship that my friend and I struck up with Karandeep, the manager. He's such a friendly guy, and it was so much fun to hang out with him. He gave us pretty good advice about the main things to see.

Admittedly, there were some things I didn't like about our experience...our hot shower promised us wasn't so hot due to electricity power outages, which wasn't our hotel's fault, but it was still tough. There was a generator next to our room which went off, so be careful of that if you are sensitive to sound. We paid a pretty decent price.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank sungyun320

Sung Yun Lee(Sunny) also became a vry good friend of mine. Thank You for your feedback sunny.
Some Problems which Sunny faced i want to let everyone know about that :-
1) Hot Water not so Hot : while sunny was staying in our hotel, there was some electricity problem going all over punjab due to which there were less power supply from the Govt. Because of this reason the Geyser did not work for a long time and you faced a problem of a hot water. But now everything is fine here about the electricity.
2) Generator Voice:- Due to the electricity problem which i have explained above, the batteries went off due to which we were supposed to switch on the generator which is there in the terrace. Unfortunately, the room of Sunny was just down the terrace on the 3rd floor which gave her a problem of noise. However, now the electricity problem is no more in our state as it was earlier but then again we have put the generator on the roof top of our hotel so that we do not get any kind of complaints from the foreign tourists because i know the foreign tourists don't like any kind of a sound coming into the room.

Reviewed 20 March 2010

I just stayed in this hotel for one night. They rooms are nice and the people are very friendly and helpfull. They really care like advising what to visit and that you shouldn't take to much money with you. Also when you put your luggage with them (when you leaving) they'll ask if there is some cash in it and if you would like to count it before leaving it with them.

The rooms are very nice, different sizes and prices and all clean (looking at Indian standards very clean, european standards it's ok). Also with fan and a/c. It is really near the trainstation (1-2 minutes walk) and you'll pay less then other hotels near the trainstation like ' Grand Hotel'.
I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank nathalie_don

Thank you for the feedback. I always give as much information as i have to my clients about the city Amritsar. I, also being a tourist guide now, any of my client can ask me about the history of amritsar and the description about the heritage properties and the tourist places of Amritsar and I will not charge anything for that (just for my clients who are staying in my hotel). I also provide a free Tourist Maps now of Amritsar, Patiala and Punjab to my cleints.

Reviewed 28 November 2009

Owner managed, he has tirelessly accommodated me in the most personal requests a visitor to a foreign city may face with

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank JakNewYork

Thank you Jon for your Feedback..