“Recommend - Lucas”
Review of Bharat Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amritsar
Bharat Hotel
Ranked #38 of 149 Amritsar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 November 2012

First of all, I would like to say thanks to the owner of the hotel, Mr. Karandeep Singh, for all help that he provided me when my documents, money and other belongings were stolen during my trip in Amritsar. Mr. Karandeep Singh, helped me as I was his old friend, watching me up to the police station to do the robbery registry, offering me meals and a room in his hotel and more, lending me some money for I could return to Kolkata, the city where I lived in India. Moreover, the hotel has very good standards when comparing with a midsize hotel, with good customer service, comfort and good cleaning. Finally, although of all difficult and problems that I faced I’m very happy for have met a new friend and have hosted in this hotel. I really recommended the place.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
HotelBharat, Public Relations Manager at Bharat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thanks a lot Lucas. I know you were very disturbed because of all the things got stolen especially your passport and money. It was my pleasure to help you and every foreigner so that I can give a message to the foreigners visiting india from other countries that If there are bad people in our country then there are good ones too.
Karandeep Singh (R.M)

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Me and my partner stayed here for two nights. At first, everything seemed friendly.

We planned a day of sightseeing not to be returning until later in the evening, much to the knowledge of the staff at the hotel. It had been advised to not bring alot of cash out with us in fear of pick pockets, so we took only a small amount and left our wallets in our locked room.

We arrived back at around 8pm, and began to pack for our early morning train. It was then that we realized that both of our wallets (including bank cards) and my ipod had been stolen. This was brought to the attention of the staff at the hotel, who called the management -only upon our request. His reaction did seem genuinely shocked, but nevertheless our belongings had been taken by someone that worked at the hotel who had a key. This was obvious. He kept claiming that none of his staff would do this- how he could possibly prove this, I have no idea. We have been travelling for a long time and know how to lock a door. Nothing could be done in the end,and we were offered no compansation what so ever.

Just to prove again this place is not trustworthy- the photos on here are NOT the hotel- its down a dusty alleyway. Its a real shame- because the staff did come off as very helpful, even offered to take us for bowling and dinner at one stage- very disappointing.Karma will take its coarse.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mattman1988
HotelBharat, Owner at Bharat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

I do understand that you talked to us and wrote review about the stolen of your wallet and i-pod. But you did not write the whole thing. Also, you told about the stolen of your wallet(cards) and i-pod but the review which you posted is about the stolen of both of your wallet and i pod which is WRONG. Secondly, your friend was having a most expensive thing - laptop, if any of our hotel staff has stolen your things then he would have stolen the laptop first.
Now, you both also had a WHISKEY that night. Also, you were not two people, you were 4 people( 2 couples). You called me and I came from my house at 11pm. In fact, I called every staff member who were there in the day shift just to make you sure that our hotel staff has not done this.
and if your things really got stolen why your friends were not there with you after that. Their room was right next to your room. I was there, hotel staff was there, then why your friends were not there? and they also have all the expensive things which you had.
Yes I SUGGESTED you (not OFFERED) you for bowling and dinner but you guys only told me that we are tired after seeing the wagah border and are not willing to go out for bowling.
I knew your intentions after drinking, you wanted a compensation.
Just want to tell you one thing, Blaming others is very easy but to be blamed effects goodwill.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

While traveling in the height of summer we found comfort and the best customer service in India at Bharat Hotel. The building itself is in a great location, very close to the railway station and the workers at the hotel even came to meet us at the railway station to lead us to their doorstep. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and have beautiful wood covering everything. But what makes this hotel so wonderful are the wonderful people that run it. The owner, Karandeep, helped us with everything we needed. He booked us taxis, directed us to restaurants and provided directions to everything in and outside of town. Being a guide of Amritsar, Karandeep was able not only to organize our short stay, but also give us endless history of the city as well. Though most of the other staff didn't speak much English and we didn't speak Hindi, they were incredibly kind, knew what we needed and wanted, and whenever we asked called Karandeep who came over immediately to answer any of our questions. Even the day we left, they found us last minute tickets, carried our luggage to our bus and waited until we drove away, smiling and waving the whole time. Amritsar is a beautiful city but a difficult one to navigate. Bharat Hotel made our trip easy and far more enjoyable. I cannot thank Karandeep and the whole staff of Bharat Hotel enough for their kindness and immediate love. If you go to Amritsar, you must stay at Bharat Hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SophiaCD
HotelBharat, Guest Relations Manager at Bharat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Hello Sophia,
Thanks a lot for your feedback.
Karandeep Singh(R.M)

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I was a solo traveller and Karandeep and I became friends, he is the owner of the hotel and he is very nice and kind, he helped me in every possible way I needed and we also had a pleasant evening having dinner and playing bowling. The hotel is ok, clean for the indian standards, with good and convenient prices, big rooms with a/c and at walking distance from the railway station, just 10 mins by ritschaw from the city center where the Golden Temple is located and if you want, Karandeep can barg with the ritschaw for you ;)
Really, I enjoyed my stay and I had very good time, I trust Karandeep and I suggest you to stay at Bharat Hotel if you go to Amritsar, even if you are a solo girl, it's gonna be ok :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Lisa_Stregatta

Hello Lisa,
I also really enjoyed being in your company. Hope to see you again at Bharat Hotel.
Regards,
Karandeep Singh (R.M)

Reviewed 28 February 2011

4 of us had single rooms. There was no hot water. There was a plumbing problem and water leaked from the ceilings onto the beds. We argued with the staff to get replacement sheets so we could sleep on the wet mattresses. There is an air shaft that amplifies every conversation in the building. The only redeeming feature of the place is that it is withing walkin distance of the train station.

OK. The place is cheap but it is a certified dump. One of the worst budget guest houses in all of India.

• Stayed: February 2011
3  Thank JHambone47
HotelBharat, Owner at Bharat Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Hello this is karandeep singh, owner as well as relationship manager of this hotel. I know the problem which the customer faced during the time when the internal water pipe got leaked from the 3rd floor and the water came down from the ceilings on the 2nd floor.. I am extremely sorry but as you know that the problem which you faced was uncertain. It was a sudden problem and was immediately got repaired after the checkout of the customers.

Reviewed 4 August 2010

Located in a very handful place, with helpful and kind stuff! Good choice if you need a basic room for good price, but they also have bigger rooms with ac, so you have variety to choose.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mikelazio

Thank you very much.

Karandeep singh(R.M)

Reviewed 16 June 2010

Okay, the hotel was average, but what made this place so memorable in my memory was the friendship that my friend and I struck up with Karandeep, the manager. He's such a friendly guy, and it was so much fun to hang out with him. He gave us pretty good advice about the main things to see.

Admittedly, there were some things I didn't like about our experience...our hot shower promised us wasn't so hot due to electricity power outages, which wasn't our hotel's fault, but it was still tough. There was a generator next to our room which went off, so be careful of that if you are sensitive to sound. We paid a pretty decent price.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank sungyun320

Sung Yun Lee(Sunny) also became a vry good friend of mine. Thank You for your feedback sunny.
Some Problems which Sunny faced i want to let everyone know about that :-
1) Hot Water not so Hot : while sunny was staying in our hotel, there was some electricity problem going all over punjab due to which there were less power supply from the Govt. Because of this reason the Geyser did not work for a long time and you faced a problem of a hot water. But now everything is fine here about the electricity.
2) Generator Voice:- Due to the electricity problem which i have explained above, the batteries went off due to which we were supposed to switch on the generator which is there in the terrace. Unfortunately, the room of Sunny was just down the terrace on the 3rd floor which gave her a problem of noise. However, now the electricity problem is no more in our state as it was earlier but then again we have put the generator on the roof top of our hotel so that we do not get any kind of complaints from the foreign tourists because i know the foreign tourists don't like any kind of a sound coming into the room.