“good hotel in Amritsar”
Review of Hyatt Amritsar

Hyatt Amritsar
Ranked #6 of 100 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Upon arrival, the rooms were not ready. There was chaos at the Front Desk, guests complaining and new guests arriving and awaiting to check in. It seemed that there was no Manager on Duty or supervisor to help. It took a long time for luggage to be brought to the rooms (and only after two of us went down to identify the pieces). The rooms were nice but twin rooms had two small single beds. Good size bathroom.

The food at the restaurant (both the dinner and breakfast buffets) were outstanding and very good quality. Indian foods were tasty. The chefs should be complimented as well as the staff at the restaurant.
The free WiFi only worked in the lobby area not in the rooms.
Overall good but very bad impression on arrival.

The 'tourist attraction' (lowering flags at the border) was an extremely unpleasant experience. Long drive, huge crowds of locals (that seemed overly excited), security controls, rude soldiers pushing us and preventing us from entering the 'VIP' seats reserved for foreigners. Definitively, an event to be avoided. Perhaps the worst experience in over 40 years of travelling...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank adm496
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. I am disappointed to learn that you did not have a comfortable stay with us as it our constant endeavor to make our guest stay comfortable and memorable. Your feedback pertaining to various aspects has been noted and I assure you that you will definitely feel the difference upon your next stay with us.
We assure you that your recent experience was certainly not reflective of our usual service standards for which we are known for and such an incident will not be repeated with any of our esteemed guests. Your compliments have been passed on to the chefs here whom you felt deserved recognition for the services provided to you during your short stay with us. I would request you to give us another chance to make up for this experience of yours .
We look forward to welcoming you back and assure you our best services at all the times.

Bhagwan Balani

Write a ReviewReviews (1,781)

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We had a great stay at the Hyatt in Amritsar. The rooms were very clean and beds were comfortable. Food was good and there was a lot of choice. The aspect that really made it for us was the staff, they were helpful, courteous and very friendly. Would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. I am glad to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to make our guest stay comfortable and memorable. Your feedback is very motivating for my team here.
We look forward to welcoming you back and assure you of our best attention at all the times.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We checked into the Hyatt (used to be Ista) and chose one of the suites. Yes pictures of the hotel can be deceiving. The hotel itself is located in a not so great neighborhood. We had a view of the mall next door! The suite itself was quite small but we were really there only for a night and it did not really matter in any case. The Hyatt never has had a problem with quality of service and the staff were very polite. The buffet breakfast was no great shakes and I think the spread was pretty standard. It was a busy weekend, and it did seem like the staff were a little 'overwhelmed'. I know I will use the hotel again when i do my quick trips to Amritsar in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank figgyboy
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear Guest,

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. I am glad to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to make our guests stay memorable and comfortable. Your feedback with regards to the Breakfast Buffet has been noted and I assure you that you definitely feel the difference upon your next stay with us.
We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of our best services at all the times.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

it started with me innocently sending the hotel an email a week in advance to ask about guides and cars and tours. I used the email provided on the hotel website of course - no response. I sent a gentle reminder - no response still. A 3rd message had the exact same result. So I called and you know what, it felt like I was disturbing them... Anyway, off I go to Amritsar.

Check in is decent - I am then shown into my room: small, the bathroom is slightly bigger than a closet and the whole thing is on the main road, with horns and cars and buses and honking 24/7. You'd think sound isolation would have been a concern - doesn't look like it. I am told there is no other room, so earplugs are my friends. I should also mention that there is no wifi in the room and that asking for an internet cable requires 2 calls and 1 hour wait.

Breakfast... ah breakfast... usually one of the things I enjoy the most in a hotel. Not this time. Very crowded and the breads were probably left overs from the day before (if not earlier). Disappointment.

And lastly, the pool: beautiful landscaping... but the pool is on the main road again. Constant noise and difficult to relax.

That being said, the city is breathtaking - the Golden Temple is definitely worth the visit. Just not this Hyatt.

Room Tip: make sure you are not on the main road
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Danoutje

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. I am really disappointed to learn that you did not have a comfortable stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to make our guest stay comfortable and memorable. The points highlighted by you are understandably quite disconcerting. I have taken a careful note of your comments and have initiated the necessary steps to ensure that such incidents are not duplicated with any of our guests in future. I assure you that your recent experience was certainly not reflective of our usual service standards for which we are known for. I request you to give us another chance to make up for this experience of yours by visiting us once again and allow us to serve you better, this time.
I and my team look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back and hearing from you soon.
Apologies once again.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed here for two nights and had booked two rooms. First of all, the website makes the hotel look much nicer than it really is. It's nice but not as amazing at it looks. The hotel is a little worn out -- it seems a little tired. Everything needs a face lift -- the carpet, the furniture, the doors, the walls, the facade.

We booked two king rooms -- one pool view and one non-pool view. Don't bother spending the extra money for the pool view. The pool view rooms also face the main road. You don't see the (small) pool unless you look straight down from your window. The non-pool view rooms face either the mall or something that looked like an orchard. Either way, you're going to be looking out onto the extremely polluted, smog filled city of Amritsar. Both rooms were clean but really tiny -- hardly any room to move around the room with three people and luggage. The furnishings were okay but a little worn out. The bathroom was small as well. There was no iron or ironing board either -- something that should be standard in a 5-star hotel. Wi-fi throughout the hotel should also be standard but it was only available in the lobby at an exorbitant rate.

The main restaurant was good -- no complaints. We ate both breakfast and one dinner there. We actually had very good and attentive service for all our meals.

We found the hotel location to be okay. It's a little far from the airport (~30 minutes) but not too far from the Golden Temple (~10 minutes). It's also right next to a big mall with a decent food court.

Overall, I'd say the hotel was a little bit of a let down -- 4-star according to US standards. The rates were reasonable so I guess it all evens out.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the "pool view" rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank worldtravellerLINY

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!
At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. I am glad to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to make our guests stay comfortable and memorable. Your feedback with regards to the wifi has been noted.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back and assuring you our best services at all the times.

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

According to myself ... Everything is good there location , rooms , service .. But only problem is food ... If u want reaily Amritsari food touch u need to eat another place , but near the hotel a beautiful Alfa mall is there good food and whole fun is there . Means you never disappointed to stay there

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank princesodhi

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay once again with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. Your feedback is very motivating for my team here as it is our constant endeavor to make our guest stay comfortable and memorable. Your feedback with regards to the food has been noted and shared with the Head Chef.
We look forward to welcoming you back and assure you our best service at all the times.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed on a holiday with family - three generations together. A beautiful hotel, excellent breakfast spread, friendly staff and evidently good management. The complimentary shuttle aided our visit to the holy shrine and the staff went out of their way to organise the little things (we travelled with a 10 year old and an infant). The travel desk helped us with a good deal for local run. Would love to go back...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family