“Very ordinary service...small rooms!”
Review of Hyatt Amritsar

Hyatt Amritsar
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We had to stay for a night at the Hyatt Amritsar. Apart from the goodies you expect from a "five star" like the valet parking to the decent lobby, many things were just less than average! For instance, had to call 4 times for drinking water if somebody picks up your call. Yes, the waiting time to get somebody answer your call will beat many 'customer care numbers' ;) The room was very small and the service was just poor.. the bearers were always in a mad rush and their behaviour was rather range...so avoid this five starer and save some money!

2  Thank Dibyendu_trvladdict
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

We appreciate you taking time and reviewing the experience during your recent stay at Hyatt Amritsar.

We are disappointed to know that we were unable to leave an impact during your stay and you did not have as good an experience as our other guests have had in the past. The points highlighted by you are understandably quite disturbing. I have taken a careful note of your comments and spoken to the concerned at length on the same to ensure that such incidents are not repeated with any of our guests in the near future. I urge you to treat this experience in isolation and do hope you will visit us soon to serve you better.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Amritsar.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Amritsar

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed in this Hotel for one day for a religious trip to Golden Temple. This Hotel Provides a shuttle service to Golden Temple thrice in a day (at 3:30 AM, 9:30 AM and 8:30 PM), they basically arrange an Innova for you with a chauffeur who waits for you at the temple for 2 hours and brings you back to the Hotel.
Food is great especially and they gave us discounts on the buffet price as well.
Rooms are not huge, moderate sized but tastefully decorated.
The Best part I liked in the room is the most comfortable bed/pillows. Better than any 5 star I have stayed in.
Hotel is not too far from the railway station/Golden Temple and is adjacent a mall if it matters!

Dear Valued Reviewer,
Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to the historic and culturally rich city of Amritsar. I am elated to note that you relished your stay as much as we enjoyed looking after your comforts and you found the location to be quite favorable. Your feedback is very motivating for us, I am happy to note that you found the rooms and specially the bed to be very comfortable and moreover, the food was able to meet your taste buds .

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed in this hotel on 23rd for a night with my wife. Since we were primarily on a religious trip so remained outside the hotel for majority of the time. On our return at late evening we could hear some loud music probably from the adjoining mall which went on till late night. We were constrained to read magazine post midnight due this nuisance; incidentally there were very few channels available on the TV. Some of the house keeping staff were untrained and lacked professionalism. For instance when requested for Sewing Kit, twice we were supplied Shaving Kit until the staff was explained in greater details. One suggestion for F & B; they should focus more on providing local authentic food rather than offering Thai, Chinese and continental dishes. On our departure since we found the hotel cabs for airport quite expensive; tried to check with outside cabs who were unreasonable as well. Fortunately a local friend guided me to book radio taxi which at the rate of Rs 25/ per kilometer was still far more reasonable and efficient. Virender Kumar Bhatia

Room Tip: Insist on a room away from the adjoining mall and highway
1  Thank BHATIA2013
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Dear Valued Reviewer,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hyatt on your recent trip Amritsar and taking out time in evaluating our product and services. I am apologetic for the inconvenience faced by you during your short stay with us. The points highlighted by you are understandably quite disturbing and the same has been taken up with the concerned team, assure you that the corrective measures have been taken to rectify the same. I would also like to share that we do have local delicacies in our menu at Collage which are also well appreciated by our guests. Also we are competitively priced transport facility available with us in line with the type of vehicles offered. I would like to request you to give us another chance to showcase our hospitality in a better way.
Looking forward to welcoming you back and hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

I have read a fair few reviews here on trip advisor in which people mention this hotel is not up to Hyatt standards etc. Lets make it very clear that this is a Hyatt just a Hyatt a full service five star hotel nothing more nothing less. It is not a Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Ziva, Zilara or another top end Hyatt brand property. It doesn't pretend to be one of the above and simply delivers what it says on the tin.

Many people in India have had the luxury of staying at Park Hyatt Goa, Grand Hyatt Bombay, Hyatt Regency Delhi which are amongst the first Hyatt's in India and yes these hotels are of very high standards but then these properties are of a different category and their tariffs match the standards and the products they offer. Hence it is not quite right to compare these hotels with Hyatt Amritsar.

I usually do not get the time to write many reviews but I do travel a fair bit and honestly feel a property like Hyatt Amritsar and their young, energetic, willing to learn staff deserve a thorough review.

Hyatt Amritsar is very well located in a relatively less crowded area of the city next to a shopping mall and is a 10-15 min taxi ride to Golden Temple (scheduled complimentary shuttle service to Golden Temple) Railway station, Amritsar City Centre. 30 mins to the airport and about 45mins to Wagah border.

First impressions. Security is thorough and includes car check, baggage scan and a walk through the metal scanner. Followed by a very warm welcome by the staff.
The hotel lobby is not very big but is nicely decorated and serves the purpose for a property of this size.

On arrival I was asked to take a seat in the lobby while they completed check in formalities for me. I am a Hyatt Diamond member and I was informed about the relevant benefits for my tier. The upgraded suite was lovely with high quality furnishing, super comfy bed, mini bar, writing desk, large size bathroom with a powerful shower, bath tub, complete with soft towels and bath robes.

My initial plan was to stay for 5 nights but I had to keep extending each day and it ended up being a 10 night stay. The hotel seemed busy everyday but they tried to accommodate me in the same room for the entire length of my stay.

There are many nice hotels around the world which I get a chance to stay at and experience their hospitality. But it is the attention to detail that make me write such a review. Simple things like returning to the room in the evening to find your ear phones neatly tied up and placed on the bed side table or your randomly thrown clothes neatly folded and stacked, shoes nicely arranged. The house keeping lady from Mizoram (sorry cannot recollect her name) did a brilliant job.

This is a level of service which I did not even experience from my stay in the previous week at Hyatt Times Sq-New York or Hyatt Regency Delhi the week after (not saying these two aren't lovely hotels) but this is where Hyatt Amritsar differs. Hotel now has WiFi which is of good speed and is reliable if you need to work.

Breakfast buffet was a decent spread of freshly prepared Indian and western choices with Indian items obviously scoring higher on taste and quality. I sat on the same table each morning and by the third morning, restaurant staff knew how I liked my tea. Impressive!

The hotel's General Manager Mr Balani and Front Office manager Mr Randhawa are always around to answer your queries and are very approachable unlike some other 900 room properties in which I stay and none of the managers are in sight.

Pool area looks lovely and is well maintained but honestly the heat wave in Amritsar did not inspire me to use the facility even once during this visit.

My two minor quibbles 1) Nescafe sachets placed in the room I personally think instant coffee isn't great. The hotel may look at replacing this with ground coffee and cafetiere if they do not want to invest in nespresso style machines. 2) Lack of power sockets by the bed side to which I was informed that they are looking to get this issue resolved soon.

The moment I stepped in until I left. They looked after me so well that the entire stay has left very fond memories in my heart and I am so looking forward to return soon.

So set your expectations right and stay here. You will like it too.

Thank You very much Hyatt Amritsar team.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Dear Valued Reviewer,
Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar !
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your time in evaluating our product and services. It's always nice to read reviews, where a guest has enjoyed all that we offer, and carry fond memories along, and best part is when these fond memories get converted into recommendations for others. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the stay as much as we enjoyed taking care of your comforts, thus carry fond memories along.
Feedback, such as yours, and gives us a proud-feeling to have an extremely satisfied valued customer, and this is how we keep ourselves encouraged to serve with a passion. I do appreciate for recognizing efforts and wonderful job done by my team, who contributed a lot to make your stay a memorable one. I would proudly share your review with the team, who would be equally overwhelmed to see your comments as I am.
Your suggestion on coffee sachets and electric sockets in room has been well noted, wherein we have opportunity to analyse, and come up with solution in best interest of guests.
It seems, various aspects & components at Hyatt Amritsar, as cited by you, brings together a feeling that “You’re more than Welcome”. Thanks for your genuine praise, and I am sure your review would indeed help Trip Advisor community to plan to explore “Hyatt Amritsar”

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Nice hotel, good spacious rooms and restaurant menu offers variety. The gym, spa and pool are wonderful. Service is very good & the greenery is uplifting! Good location & on the whole they will spoil you!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Warm Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hyatt on your recent trip to historic and culturally rich city of Amritsar. I am elated to note that you relished your stay as much as we enjoyed looking after your comforts. It is a pleasure to know that you liked the ambience of the hotel as well found the room to be spacious and enjoyed the time spent at the gym, spa and pool. Your feedback is very motivating for my team.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

I stayed here last year with family. We booked two rooms. To my surprise, the rooms were too small to even mice around. Same are the washrooms. The services were pretty much average. Breakfast spread was good and the staff at the coffee shop was efficient.
The location of the hotel is good. The shopping g mall is just few steps from the hotel.
Roof top Pool was good.
Overall an average hotel for the kind of price you pay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ginnii_66

Dear Valued Reviewer,
Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar !
We appreciate you taking time and reviewing the experience during your stay at Hyatt Amritsar.

We are disappointed to know that we were unable to leave an impact during your stay, and you did not have as good an experience as our other guests have had in the past.

Your feedback with regards to the rooms size has been well noted. I would recommend you try our suites on your next visit, which are quite spacious. I am happy to note that you found the location of the hotel to be quite favorable, with a shopping mall next door. Swimming Pool in open on first floor is just a perfect place to relax.

We thank you for recognizing Coffee Shop “Collage” team’s efforts, and glad to learn you that breakfast spread came up to your expectations.

We thank you for taking out time to share your stay experience, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Had stayed here in January 2013 when it was ISTA and not Hyatt. They allowed me to check in 3 hours before the check-in time. Rooms are very good and specious. Staff is very polite and helpful. The breakfast menu has a lot of variety and is of a very good taste. Has to be the best hotel in Amritsar.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high as possible. View will be good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Reviewer,

Warm Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. I am elated to note that you relished your stay as much as we enjoyed looking after your comforts. I am happy to note that my team looked after you quite well during your short stay with us. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation as it is very motivating for us.