“Good hot breakfast.”

Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The breakfast was nice and hot. Standard fair, however what stood out was their spin on the poha, which was served with french fries. I liked that.

Other than that, the restaurant was not clean at all, but since we went there for breakfast at 8.30am and were the only customers they could be excused for not having started the day's cleaning.

1  Thank uday911

Reviewed 29 April 2013

i really like the food in amritsar in india and punjab the amritsar is the place where we will find the food is very ecnomical and very tasty. when i go to shiraz orchid restaurant i find so tasty food and i liked so much

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Stooped here for a late lunch and had a really tasty curry. The staff are nice and attentive but the food is a little overpriced. useful if you want a decent bite to eat near the station.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Ate here whilst staying at the adjacent Shiraz Regency Hotel. There was no one else in there on arrival but during my visit some other customers did arrive. The prices weren't very cheap at all for India - non vegetarian mains were around 300rs + tax. I went for one of the house specials, Lamb Lahori Tikka, plus a choori naan. Considering I was the only person in the restaurant at this point service was quite slow. After 25 minutes or so I received my food. The lamb tasted fine but looked like it had been flattened before cooking, giving it an odd look and slightly odd texture. It also was a little cool, suggesting it had been sitting around a while before serving. The choori naan, althoigh much hotter, was also a little strange. It was a naan wrapped around a coconut/fruit/cream filling (slightly sickly), then topped with yogurt and itself wrapped in foil. A little like a peshwari naan in the UK, but with a lot more filling. It was almost a meal in itself. It wasn't unpleasant but I wouldn't opt for it again, much like the restaurant as a whole. Either the prices need to be reduced or food quality improved, as at 500rs in total (including water) I feel like the meal was definitely overpriced and can only therefore be rated as 'poor'.

1  Thank chammp
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant during our visit to Amritsar. It was a Saturday evening, and the place was empty, but the menu looked good and the place had clean bathrooms (a rare find in India), so we decided to stay and eat dinner. We ordered two random Indian style chicken dishes and a veg rice dish - everything was delicious. We weren't even that hungry, but we ended up eating everything because it was so good. The service was good, though their English was limited like everywhere else in Amritsar. They let us linger after dinner and charge our cell phones using their electrical outlets. Overall, a nice place.