“Nice hotel to stay at Amritsar”

Comfort Inn Alstonia
Ranked #23 of 97 Hotels in Amritsar
“Nice hotel to stay at Amritsar”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

This is a well maintained hotel.. with a friendly reception and helpful staff.

The food here was very good. But if you visit Amritsar you must try the food at various dhabas because the kulchas and parathas are delicious and freshly prepared eveywhere

The sight seeing places are in 5 to 8 km radius.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Alst0nia, General Manager at Comfort Inn Alstonia, responded to this review, 1 December 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out your valuable time and for sharing your experience during your recent stay at the Hotel Comfort Inn Alstonia !!!!

We are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay and you were extremely happy with the hotel services and the facilities available. I have shared your feedback with my team and they were extremely happy to hear from you.

On behalf of the entire team at Comfort Inn Alstonia, I thank you profoundly for your kind words of appraisal.

Sandeep Sharma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I visited in Nov'13 just for a night and found this hotel really nice with good service, courteous front desk and ready to help. Very good cab service arranged by Hotel with New Innova for Wagha border, Golden temple and nearby places. Food quality is also good. Overall very good experience.

Room Tip: Go for Higher floors, nice open view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Mumbai
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I am MD of Destinationz 360
We are a Tour organising company and we chose Alstonia for our group of 140 and we loved our our stay .Food and overall experience .
Staff full of eager to serve atitude , want to thank the team for complete experience .
Thanks

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I visited in september with my husband and 6 months baby. The hotel staff is very polite and helpful. They provide free shuttle service to golden temple in evening. And also dey helped me in arranging surprise birthday cake for myhhusband. Dat cake was complimentary. There is vast variety in breakfast buffet. I really enjoyed my stay

• Stayed September 2013

Delhi
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Had to stay in this hotel for a night as our original itenary was tweaked to add one more day and the hotel we were staying was completely booked. Anyways , we checked in after 12 PM and the reception to room service was pleasant. There was a wedding ( I think ?) in the hotel and the parking was full. Had to park on the road. The room was clean but something was amiss in the washroom. Just not upto the standards. It was clean but the fittings were a bit downmarket. The service was prompt and pleasant. This is where the goodies end. Now the negatives:

1)Extremely poor sound proofing of the rooms. The rooms are not sound proof. You can hear people talking to each other in the lobby. With the wedding on the same day, it was bad.
2)Even after 9 PM , there was constant shouting and bickering in the corridors and/or one of the rooms. Called the night duty manager thrice to get this sorted.
3)Finally , when I was unable to sleep till 2.30 AM in the morning , just got frustrated enough to leave. Checked out at 3 in the morning.

The prime purpose of a hotel room is to sleep properly. If the basic necessity is not met, there is no other positive to count on. Since I checked out at 3 in the morning , did not have a chance to check out their breakfast spread.

Room Tip: Avoid on Sundays. Jam packed with weddings and other social dramas.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 19 October 2013

To the Management:

I wanted to express my appreciation for the superior service I received during my stay at Hotel Alstonia. The reception staff was very helpful and deserve a great deal of praise for their excellent customer service.

Regards,
Surinder

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Noida
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We had researched this hotel on Tripadvisor and cleartrip.
The Front office and ALL THE STAFF MEMBERS are very very friendly & helpful.
The hotel is clean. Atmosphere very friendly. The breakfast buffet for the price range is good...there is something for everyone in it.
The a-la-carte seems to be priced slightly on the higher side..but may be it is because of the sudden inflation in cost of food stuff in the country.
Overall, the experience was very good and we definitely plan to stay there when we come to visit the Golden Temple next time.
A. Grover & family

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip