“Amritsar Visit”
Review of Hotel Teg Royal

Hotel Teg Royal
Ranked #43 of 98 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I visited Amritsar with my family in March first week. My trip was excellent and my stay with this hotel was excellent. I recommend this hotel for people who is looking for Budget hotel. I took 2 standard rooms and their food quality is good and their service also good. Only one drawback I found was wash rooms are very small for which I given my feedback to hotel Manager as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
tegroyal, General Manager at Hotel Teg Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Dear Sir,

we thanks for your valued and encouraging feedback and assure you of our best and prompt service always.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

The hotel is under rennovation nd they downgraded my booking from standard AC room to non AC room. Further wires are hanging in the room. Worst thing was....there is no grill in the bathroom. Value for money if u cannot afford a hotel beyond Rs 1200 per day

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rishi78Mumbai
tegroyal, General Manager at Hotel Teg Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear Sir,

we thanks for your valued feedback and regret for the inconvenience but agree with you that our hotel was under renovation but if you needed AC room, yo can asked for that and surely our staff would help to you in all manner.

anyways, we will try our best to comfort your stay during your next visit to Amritsar.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

I visited Hotel Teg Royal,Amritsar in the month of December 2012. I had travelled with wife and an year old baby and stayed overnight. I booked this hotel, when my search for a budget hotel completed on Hotel Teg Royal", by trusting the worthy reviews and ratings on trip advisor and I found it very true. staff at reception were pleasant, warm welcoming and truly understand the tourist concerns. The room was neat and clean.The food was ture "Ambarsari", reasonable and delicious with good room service. Great wifi Speed

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AeryAulakh
tegroyal, General Manager at Hotel Teg Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Dear Guest(s)

we thanks for your valued and encouraging feedback and pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and assure you of our best and prompt service always.

Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Not nice, dirt marks on sheet, a hole in the wall open to the elements and one flimsy blanket for the Amritsar winter! No hot water, either. Not sure how it is receiving all these 4* reviews! Underwhelming and best avoided.

• Stayed: December 2012
tegroyal, General Manager at Hotel Teg Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2013

Dear Sir,

we thanks for your valued feedback but we are surprised at your comments as in all our standard ac rooms, we provide instant geyser system in wash room and we always aware about our cleanliness of linen and blankets. but if you have any problem then you should intimate us to look into the matter.

we are giving all necessary facilities in our standard ac rooms in just Rs.1000/- only but we would like to clear that its not a luxury room, its just a basic room equipped with modern facilities.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Wonderful colonial family home,welcoming extremely comfortable.knowing it was my first visit to amritsar and too that i was travelling alone the hotel arranged for a car and driver to meet me at the airport . nothing has been too much trouble and the family are very much hands on with a strong sense of costumer service.

• Stayed: December 2012
tegroyal, General Manager at Hotel Teg Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Dear Sir,

we are very grateful for your valued and encouraging feedback. we try our best ti give our valued guest an comfortable stay.

Reviewed 24 December 2012

Decent location, but I don't suggest wandering around after dark! The neighborhood is sketch, the hotel is okay. Stayed in a room with two twins. The bed was stiff and you could feel ever spring. The bathroom was attached a private which is rare for this price of a hotel in San Francisco. The room faced the road and i enjoyed a lot.it was a golden Time of my life

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest(s)

Reviewed 21 December 2012

Booked through another site and cross checked with reviews on TA which were very favourable however on arrival things were slightly different.
We had booked 2 'super deluxe ' rooms - on the website it claimed they had - Tea coffee maker - not present nor were we offered one, Fruit Basket - no sign, Balcony / sit out - we had a window c/w Pigeons ,Geyser in Bathroom- not present, Iron and ironing board - not present, DVD player-not present, Bathtub-no sign of one, Hot/ cold water-luke warm at best after tap had been running 15 minutes.
The internet didn't quite reach our room so the solution offered was to keep the door open ( not ideal for privacy and of course it wasn't any better ) it did work well in the lobby area but thats not the point.
It was very cold and we were offered blankets some of which which had a damp musty smell and a tiny 1 bar heater ( see photo) which couldn't heat a cupboard and mine broke the second night!
There was a 60 cm hole in the ceiling where the AC unit had been removed and I could see daylight through it ( not ideal insulation)
On the second morning I inspected the heavy damp marks on the wall to find a wispy kind of white fur growing on the walls, not immediately apparent on the white paint ( see photo ) these kind of growths can be a health hazard and should be dealt with asap.
Can't comment on the food apart from the one day we asked for the cereal on the breakfast menu - not possible was the reply.
On checking out we were hovered over by 2 members of staff with feedback forms despite the fact I was on the phone for a lengthy period they kept thrusting it under my nose so I literally had to go outside to get away from them, 10 mins later we left and they had seemingly forgotten about the forms which pretty much summed the place up.
On the plus side it was clean,bug free and not so far from the sights as others have mentioned and quieter than the cut and thrust of the old town but then I can't see why you would want to hang out here in cold rooms in the winter.
The reason we didn't leave was the fact that we literally only slept there as there is lots to do and see and to go through the grief of looking at other places when we only had 1 1/2 days there wasn't an option , having travelled the length and breadth of India there is little point in complaining in places like this as things never get a whole lot better so bite the bullet and chalk it down to experience,its my first negative experience in a month in India but I am puzzled by a lot of the glowing reviews .

Hotel Teg Royal, established in Nov 2007, is the epitome of luxury and hospitality. Exquisite interiors, impeccable service, fine cuisine and contemporary technology come together to create an experience that is both grand and intimate.

This must be a different place as it wash't where I stayed,

Room Tip: Check rooms before deciding as some have no windows.