“Perfect Location”
Review of Lucky Guest House

Lucky Guest House
Ranked #67 of 144 Amritsar B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Its located on the gate of Golden Temple, next to Jalianwala Bagh. Room was clean and comfortable. Lots of stalls around the lodge for buying gifts, eating and people were nice aswell. Only con was they have check out time 12.00 noon and we had train at 6.00 pm so paid half day rent extra.
Overall a perfect stay, nice staffs and I am staying there again if iam coming back to Amritsar.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 9 May 2013

When I arrived to Amritsar I stayed in the Grand Hotel for 1400 Rs/night. However after some days my friend came and I recommended him this hostel, for only 650 Rs/night, and they were happy with the experience.

OK, it's not a palace, but you get very good value for your money. It's a decent place, in great location (100m from Golden Palace and many nice restaurants around) and they have cheap transport to Wagah Border (around 110 Rs - 2 USD/pax). They will also give you a ride to the airport (for something like 400 or 500 Rs (8-10 USD), depending which time).

It's perfect for young travellers who still demand some standards of cleanliness and comfort.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2013

me with my spouse and kid stayed for two nights in 3 beded ac room on tarrif rs 1100 per day the hotel is just walkable distance to golden temple and taxi booth good food joints nearby rooms are has average toilets and blankets etc

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

Overall a good place. Plain accomodation in a really good location minutes to the Golden Temple, just in the middle of everything. Good staff, got a ride to the Border from them and was pleased. Average about cleanliness.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and found it to be a pleasant stay. When we first viewed the room the sheets were very dirty and we requests them to change them- which they did without a hassle. The tv reception worked well and the staff were helpful. We had no problems with the hot water or anything else that usually arises in these budget options. The location is very good only a few minutes walk to the golden temple and the main food and shopping area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We arrived here really late at night after a massive train delay and this was the first place we looked at. At a glance i accepted the room but then when i settled in I was really uncomfortable staying here.

I ask for a minimum of clean sheets when I stay at hotels and this place had flithy sheets. I had to ask for 2 more sheets to get clean ones on the bed (at 2am!). Also I couldn't stand going into the bathroom. There was a strong smell of toilet waste and I'm not sure if this is because there is a hole in the wall to the outside or just the general smell of the bathroom. I had to wear flip flops in the shower as the bathroom clearly never gets cleaned. There was hair, grime and used cotton buds in the shower and draining holes.

It's a good location for the Golden Temple but I wouldn't suggest staying in this area if you want any peace. I'd suggest staying in one of the hotels near the railway station. We moved into a new hotel after 2 nights here. It's a realy shame as the hotel had a revamp a couple of years ago and I can see it would look lovely if they ever cleaned or mopped the floors as the layout of the rooms are great.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jacquelyn B
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I do not recommend. dirty room and sheets. The bathroom in an awful state, and all night we could not sleep because of the bugs crawling everywhere. I was there last year and it was better than now...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple