“Value for Money, but nothing beyond that”
Review of HK Clarks Inn

HK Clarks Inn
Ranked #27 of 114 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed at the hotel for one night during a recent business trip. The building looks impressive but the receptionist didn't seem to care much. The room was decent, a little too "crowded" with furniture for my taste. The room service was responsive & seemed very helpful & eager to serve. The breakfast in the morning was a good spread & the servers made sure that my bill was ready for checkout at the reception, at my request, which helped save time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
rahulrohit16, General Manager at HK Clarks Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Mr. Shantanu,

We are happy to note that services at our food and beverage outlets were up to your expectations. However we would like to know more about indifference showed to you by our front office team member. Kindly help us in sorting this out by emailing us the details of the incident at gm.amritsar@clarksinn.in .

regards

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Was there in Dec. Nice hotel. Good rooms with good aminities.
Bed linen was clean and comfortable.
Ensute toilet was clean with all major requirements and all fittings worked.
Food was good but albit expensive.
Clean room with prompt service.
However, the staff had poor knowledge of the city.
On the whole a good place and to stay in Shri Amritsar Shaib. Easy access to the rest of the city.

Room Tip: Book in advance, and get a good price.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a good hotel and nice big rooms , clean and good sleep comfort

The breakfast has a good spread , south Indian dishes has scope for improvements though ( may be it is the best one can hope for in Amritsar ! )

Service is generally good , I had a little queer experience though -- I have requested for one extra bed in early afternoon when I was checking in , which was promised , but at night I was told that all the beds are already given to other guests and I have to use only mattresses on the floor ! When I pleaded that I need to bed , they finally arranged a folding bed from the driver's dormitary !

Overall nice experience and good value for money - slightly sway from Golden temple though - about 4 to 5 kms

Room Tip: No particular
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I travelled to HK Clarks Inn in December 2013 with my wife and parents. I was told that it's a 4-star property. But I have had better experiences in un-rated (0 star) hotels compared to this hotel. To name a few incidents:

1. We ordered 3 coffees in our room but the waiter got 2 coffees and 1 milk instead!!
2. During breakfast, tea was served to me in a cracked cup.
3. My dad's room bathroom shower hardly had any water flow at all. It was not fixed despite the complaints.
4. No hot water after 11am - I had to bath with almost cold water in the morning.
5. They specifically take a newspaper preference during checkin but still give you any random newspaper in the morning.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Nice hotel, good parking facility, fairly courteous staff. The Baskin Robbins parlour next door was an added attraction for the children. We used our GPS to locate the place, not too near the Golden Temple, but adequate. On the whole, good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Spent two nights here whilst in Amritsar, hotel very pleasant, large room with safe facilities. Hotel restaurant was huge but no-one ever in it - food was very good but waiters a little over attentive! 5-10 Minutes by Tuk-Tuk to the Golden Temple & Amritsars attractions.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

It was our first trip to Amritsar and the hotel staff were quite helpful in arranging us transport for local sight seeing. There was some misinterpretations in our mails and duration of our stay . However on our explaining, the hotel staff obliged and allowed us to check out at the requested time with reasonable price discount as well !!
Overall good experience and the room was clean and comfortable.