“Value for money”

HK Clarks Inn
Ranked #21 of 96 Hotels in Amritsar
“Value for money”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I was in Amritsar for one night in the month of Jan 14 and had an excellent stay at HK Clarks INN. A very warm welcome at the reception, very good room, ample parking space.
Breakfast was average and I think they have only one lift, my room was on the sixth floor so had to wait some times little longer to reach my room,
Over all I would recommend this hotel for business and family stay, very well connected.

Room Tip: Higher floors better
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
rahulrohit16, General Manager at HK Clarks Inn, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Mr. Sanjay,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Amritsar. We thank you for your wonderful observation and comments regarding our hotel. We look forward to host your future visits to Amritsar as well.

regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Rajkot, India
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Good Hotel with very good service and warm atmosphere in month of January. Good complimentary Breakfast. Enjoyed visit to Vagha border and Golden temple. Clean Room and service was responsive. Overall Excellent Experience.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Dear Mr. Jatin,

We are elated to receive your comments on the services rendered to you by us during your stay at HK Clarksinn Amritsar. We thank you for choosing our hotel as your stay venue in Amritsar and we look forward to hosting your future visit in Amritsar.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed at the hotel for one night during a recent business trip. The building looks impressive but the receptionist didn't seem to care much. The room was decent, a little too "crowded" with furniture for my taste. The room service was responsive & seemed very helpful & eager to serve. The breakfast in the morning was a good spread & the servers made sure that my bill was ready for checkout at the reception, at my request, which helped save time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
rahulrohit16, General Manager at HK Clarks Inn, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Mr. Shantanu,

We are happy to note that services at our food and beverage outlets were up to your expectations. However we would like to know more about indifference showed to you by our front office team member. Kindly help us in sorting this out by emailing us the details of the incident at gm.amritsar@clarksinn.in .

Jammu
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Was there in Dec. Nice hotel. Good rooms with good aminities.
Bed linen was clean and comfortable.
Ensute toilet was clean with all major requirements and all fittings worked.
Food was good but albit expensive.
Clean room with prompt service.
However, the staff had poor knowledge of the city.
On the whole a good place and to stay in Shri Amritsar Shaib. Easy access to the rest of the city.

Room Tip: Book in advance, and get a good price.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a good hotel and nice big rooms , clean and good sleep comfort

The breakfast has a good spread , south Indian dishes has scope for improvements though ( may be it is the best one can hope for in Amritsar ! )

Service is generally good , I had a little queer experience though -- I have requested for one extra bed in early afternoon when I was checking in , which was promised , but at night I was told that all the beds are already given to other guests and I have to use only mattresses on the floor ! When I pleaded that I need to bed , they finally arranged a folding bed from the driver's dormitary !

Overall nice experience and good value for money - slightly sway from Golden temple though - about 4 to 5 kms

Room Tip: No particular
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I travelled to HK Clarks Inn in December 2013 with my wife and parents. I was told that it's a 4-star property. But I have had better experiences in un-rated (0 star) hotels compared to this hotel. To name a few incidents:

1. We ordered 3 coffees in our room but the waiter got 2 coffees and 1 milk instead!!
2. During breakfast, tea was served to me in a cracked cup.
3. My dad's room bathroom shower hardly had any water flow at all. It was not fixed despite the complaints.
4. No hot water after 11am - I had to bath with almost cold water in the morning.
5. They specifically take a newspaper preference during checkin but still give you any random newspaper in the morning.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Nice hotel, good parking facility, fairly courteous staff. The Baskin Robbins parlour next door was an added attraction for the children. We used our GPS to locate the place, not too near the Golden Temple, but adequate. On the whole, good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel