“GREAT PLACE TO VISIT....... BEST IN AMRITSAR”
Review of Hotel 42 Amritsar

and 1 more site!
Hotel 42 Amritsar
Ranked #92 of 98 Hotels in Amritsar
New Delhi, India
“GREAT PLACE TO VISIT....... BEST IN AMRITSAR”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

THIS hotel is located on mall road... the staff of the hotel is very helpful/ food is great ....... rooms are good........ will definitely come back and stay here. I will also recommend this hotel to those who are planning there trip to Amritsar.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank rajivk090

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bhubaneswar, India
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I had booked a room in Hotel 42, Amritsar for my stay along with my wife in April 2012 through Jeet Travels, Amritsar, for a single day trip of Amritsar. I had to reach there at about 3/4 pm on April'15th from Jammu and check out by the same time on 16th. But I reached at the Hotel at around 10 pm on 15th as my car journey from Jammu got delayed. I was given a Room by the receptionist in the 2nd Floor which was actually a recently refurbished "Kitty Party" room. To my utter surprise it was a big hall with big sofas at one end & Double beds on the other ends. Split ACs were there on either corners of the room and the Double room which was offered to me had lights & curtains,besides this nothing else. The room was recently converted from a Kitty Party hall to double room which was even endorsed by the "boy" who brought in the luggage to our room. I made repeated calls to the receptionist to change our room but it fell into deaf ears as he informed me that there were no more rooms available. I was surprised to listen how can this irresponsible guy treat their guests in such a horrible way when I had booked the room well in advance through my travel agents "Jeet travels of Amritsar". There was no restaurant menu card, no bucket, no Dustbin, no local intercom numbers display in that room to name just a few of the lacunae. And what the hell............these hotel management guys thought that they will cheat their esteemed guests in such a way..............by renting them out their open spaces. Horrible experience of my family to share with you guys!! Beware never stay in this hotel for your pleasant trip to Amritsar, otherwise your sweet memories will perish!

Room Tip: Check out with the receptionist well in advance before u check in that they don't put u & yo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TheOpinionMaker

Travellers are raving about these Amritsar hotels

delhi
Reviewed 8 June 2012

marvellous .is the word.the hotel is located on the mall road..........we had a very comfortable stay.nice rooms .good food......i would definately stay here on my next visit....loved the place...........

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank DelhiSameer
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed two nights. The room was large and clean, with comfortable beds. Everything worked, including the lovely AC, which we really appreciated after long, hot days of sightseeing. The location is good - right on the Mall. The Ritz Hotel nearby has a good bar and there are plenty of food places around.

The hotel restaurant was deserted, which is always a bad sign. When we asked at reception for directions to the Crystal Restaurant, which friends had recommended, we were told that it was a terrible place and that we were better off eating in the hotel restaurant. We declined and made our own way to Crystal, which was great. I accept that the owner is trying to bring in business to his restaurant, but refusing to give directions to another restaurant is going too far.

Breakfast was OK, but as others have noted, it was painfully slow. We were told that it would be available from 8:30am and we arrived at 8:45am. Nothing was available. We finally got something to eat by 9:10am, which meant that we had to rush our food so that we could meet our schedule. I don't think it's too much to ask a hotel to serve a buffet breakfast before 9am.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stourton1582
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Just walked into this hotel in the afternoon without having done any research as the regular hotel at Amritsar was sold out. The hotel is located right on the mall road & is at an acceptable distance from the pillars of Amritsar, namely the food joints ( the kulcha wala, the puri longi wala, makhan fish, beera chicken etc). Opted to stay at this property as it was conviniently located for the work that I had at Amritsar. The rooms are wonderfully done & are quite clean & presentable but then thats just it. The service of the hotel is pathetic & even the attitude of the staff is quite rude at times. On the day of check in at about 3:00 P.M. I enquired from the room service if I could get food. The same was answered in the affirmative stating that chilly chicken & chowmein could be done up in 20 minutes. As I was famished I ordered the same, however the same did not come until 4:15 P.M. when I reminded the room service guy of the order. The reply received was a simple & curt not available. The routine was repeated at dinner time when the calls to the room service was transferred to a large number of people who seemed that they were just not willing to serve. However the worst was reserved for the breakfast when the service was in a total mess & everyone was shouting at the waiters as even tea could not be served by them for 45 minutes. Thus to sum up you should be prepared to go hungry if you do not want to venture out for food as the reply from the room service is " bread is not available" Tandoor is not working" & similar other excuses.
The hotel has a parking at its basement which require quite a bit of driving skill as it is very steep & has a pillar right at the end. You just cant expect vallet service & infact even the shutter of the basement shall have to be opened by you when you want to drive out.
The toileteries in the bathroom was extremely basic...just 2 mysore sandal soap.
The check out too was quite a hassle as I was promised a net rate at the time of check in but then I found that luxury tax & service tax has been added to the promised tariff. The hotel also charged a retention money of half the tariff for a late check out at 2 P.M. when the entire hotel was empty.
Thus had a pretty bad experience although to be fair to the hotel the rooms are done up nice but then one feels hungry & requires basic services even in the most beautiful of places.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank vinayMumbai
India
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We stayed at Hotel 42 on our first visit to Amritsar, and there are absolutely no regrets whatsoever. The hotel is located on a posh street and near to the shopping destinations of the city. It is just slightly far from the Golden Temple, but not too much.

The hotel's owner Mr. Sahil Pawa is a thorough gentleman who not only welcomed us personally, but also ensured that our stay and room were well taken care of. Staff of the hotel is helpful and even sourced an auto for us to be taken to the railway station!

We did not have the food here, but from what I have heard, their paranthas are definitely delicious. I would surely recommend this hotel for the budget traveller to Amritsar. Despite the VFM proposition, the hotel maintains top-class quality. Their rooms and esp. beds were quite comfortable. I would definitely stay here on my next visit to the city!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I was there with my family on 14 & 15 th august with jeet travels I and I dont regret a bit for it rooms are good ,spacier and bright with clean rest rooms location is good and staff is quite helpfull and only drawback in this hotel is breakfast starts late after 8.30-9 so if you are early riser you need to make your own arrangements.

Room Tip: Take room from 2nd floor onwards
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family