“u r the one!best value for money”

Hotel Hong Kong Inn
Ranked #4 of 97 Hotels in Amritsar
Shanghai, China
“u r the one!best value for money”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

ohh, a bit late to write this review.

I stayed here for one night with other 4 chinese tour group members in early mar. If your budget is round 1500 rupees one night in Amristar, you have to (must) choose Hotel Hong Kong Inn. I made a trip in north india from feb 24 to mar 28, 35 days 14 cities. this one is best value for money among all the hotels i have ever there.

even though it calles itself humble inn, its service and room facilities can match 4 star standard. especially its water heater is superb!!! for me who once sufferred from not getting plenty of hot water in my shower in other indian hotels, this inn is ideally WOW!

Besides, service is detailed in the room, where you can find electronic kettle, tea/coffee bag, city map and travel notes in Amristar. It is said that punjabis are known as great businessmen. Now have no doubt it!

Selling point
 Room rate: Best value for money
 Location: 10 minutes by tutu to golden temple (my favorite), around 50 rupees and 5 minutes by tutu to railway station
 Service: Detailed, smart and caring Sikh hotel manager.
 Facilities: superb water heater. electronic kettle, tea/coffee bag, city map and travel notes
 Room environment: spacious (especially bathroom) and clean

The team of the hotel deserves all the positive appraisals! my recommendation has been reposted by Lonely Planet China in sinaweibo (china's twitter)! C u next time.

Cheers,
Catherine GONG based in shanghai

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Catherine_GONG
HongkongInn, Manager at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Hi Catherine_GONG
I am very delighted to hear this great words about my Hotel .
Thanks for this Great review

K.S..Bedi
Manager
Hotel Hongkong Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I stayed at the Hong Kong Inn last week with my father. The location is very convenient, close to the hustle and bustle of the old city, but just outside the thick of it. The rooms were spotless and extremely clean with modern fixtures and comfortable beds. You can have a hot shower at any time and the rooms also came with a/c. Room service was prompt and the staff was very friendly and welcoming and assisted in arranging transportation to the Wagarh border. Also, the rate for this hotel is an extremely good value considering the location and amenities included. If I ever return to Amritsar I would definitely stay in the Hotel Hong Kong Inn!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lilygreen10
HongkongInn, General Manager at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Hi Sir
Thanks for giving us this Compliment of " the perfect hotel in amritsar"
we will do our best to give our best performance in future too. and we will welcome you every time
with more happily whenever you come in amritsar.

Mumbai
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed in this Hotel 27 Jan 2012. Mentioned below is my review:

Booking: Will start with my experience of booking the hotel. I had called at the number on their website; the Hotel Manager was very helpful, & guided me about Amritsar as well as tariff etc. Since I was driving down from Ambala, their advice about going to the Pakistan border & looking at the parade before checking in was helpful.

Location: The hotel is not very tough to find, as it is in the vicinity of many other hotels (Though this one is in a narrow lane). They have basement parking available.

Hotel: Check-in was without any hassle, & we were given twin rooms as requested. The rooms are decently sized, & have LCD TVs in all rooms. The bathrooms were clean, they could have done a better job at changing the bed sheets though. I had to request for a new bed sheet, which was changed on my request. I think the wall paint needs a fresh coat, this made the property look a bit old & unclean.

Staff: Very helpful staff, they go out of their way to help & guide you.

Overall, I think the hotel is value for money, & the staff is very helpful. Enjoyed my stay there, & would recommend it to others too.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
HongkongInn, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Hi Anish Sir
I am Really very Thankful to you for this kind of review .
you have provided us the original face of of our hardworking that how we do the work and to give proper customer satisfaction.
Thanks.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

One of my friend recommended this hotel to us, booked two luxury rooms via email without any advance payment. This hotel is located 2Km away from temple and Amritsar railway station, hotel is in a narrow lane (150M away from main road) with basement parking (sharp turn), good thing is that you will get auto right in front of hotel they will charge you 50-60 bucks for golden temple and Hall bazaar markets. Hotel staff was courteous and eager to help us all the time, they even arrange an auto for us in 4AM in the morning for golden temple visit. Complimentary breakfast was good, food quality and presentation was also good though they didn't have any separate dinning area and everything was served in the room.

Rooms are quite large and clean with good ceiling height there base rooms are equipped with LCD TV, refrigerator, free wifi, geyser, tea coffee maker, etc you will find small internal lane view from room windows but all rooms have sufficient natural light. They also have lift facility.

Will definitely try them again, hats off to them for great service they provided us.

Thanks to all the staff members keep it up.

Check the pics for more details

Room Tip: All rooms have same lane view, try rooms on first and second floor
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anish01
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Hi Sir
I am very Thankful to you for this Wonderful Review .
This kind of True Feedback Give us lots of Courage to Serve your Better and Best next time . and We will Welcome you Every time When ever you Visit Amritsar .

Thanks

Kawaljit Singh
Hotel Hongkong Inn
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I visited this hotel on 9-11mar,2012 with my wife.....we read many reviews from tripadvisor and finally choose this hotel as it was near to railway station n golden temple was also 1.5km away. It suited to our budget too....We got book through a agent in delhi for B&B category, to our surprise when we entered the room it was good but the facilities required were very pathetic. We have to ask them for everything.the tea kettle was their but they said it would be charged if we want to use it. It is very surprising that every hotel provides these basic things in package but this people did not did so. They first said we will provide you then in the finally bill they charges us. the bath in the room lacks toilet roll n were given when asked or on demand. Their was no bedsheet on the bed n when asked about it they said this is the way we put it. the blanket was 2 single blankets and not double blanket. one can imagine that when going with wife or family one has to use 2 different ones.

I just want to convey them simple message that............

Please provide basic amenities to customers before they demand or ask them..I hope they improve on this when we visit next time.

Room Tip: This hotel is inside lane. does who does not require sun and opt for it.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
HongkongInn, Front Office Manager at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Namaskar !!!

We are thankful to you for your encouraging comments, this is our team Hotel Hong Kong Inn , Amritsar . We look forward to see you more often.

With Regards,
Suraj vaid
IT Manager.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This hotel is situated at a wonderful location. Entire staff especially Mr Kanwaljit Singh is extremely humble and good natured..Food tht they serve is delicious, service is a bit too slow though..Overall, this is indeed the best property in that budget..

• Stayed March 2012
HongkongInn, General Manager at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Thanks for your Good response
we will most Welcome you to our Hotel .
When you Visit again Amritsar

Online Manager
Bangalore
Reviewed 2 February 2012

The hotel is a no-frill great value for money.

The lane is a narrow one and do not expect much view from the window.

But that apart, everything works. Including the small details like tea-coffee making machine with its preserves, heating or cooling as the season demands. The toilet is clean and good. In-room food ordered was pretty good, and served very professionally. Choice of complimentary breakfast was good.

People are friendly and eager to help.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
HongkongInn, Manager at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Hi Ashis sir
I am very thankful to you for the review .
and we also welcome to you again in amritsar on our Hotel.