“Value for money”

Ranked #4 of 97 Hotels in Amritsar
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Value for money”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights. The staff was very helpfull. The Hotel was reasonably priced. Soap, toothpaste, tea, coffee, water and towels are provided by them. They offered various tours within the city and to Wagah Border. The food was good. One could order breakfast anytime as there were no time restrictions. Autos were quite easily available to go to the Golden temple area. Good eating places near the hotel. Efficient room service. Free Wifi was an added benefit. On ckeck out, they did not really give us a printed bill till we asked for it. The bills were hand-written and we were asked to pay a part of it in cash. Maybe they could look into this aspect. Also, each time they do room service, they should generate bills and take signatures so as to avoid any last minute confusion. However, this is a nice affordable place for a short stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 18 December 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I Will share your appreciation with my entire team. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future...

Thanks.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Feel bad only giving this place three stars.

The staff are so friendly, welcoming and helpful. The room is comfortable and clean. Loved the included breakfast, fruit, water, cokes etc. Loved that you can order breakfast to your room. Reception staff can organise fairly priced taxis to the (fantastic) border ceremony. There's nothing not to like about the hotel and especially the staff and the little extras.

But... We had noise from all sides and didn't manage to sleep much for two nights. The soundproofing is poor and on one (Saturday) night a wedding party started at about 11pm and still hadn't stopped when we left at 4am. Then there was also noise from the ground floor where guests come and go at all hours of the night and like to chat at high volumes in the echoey atrium. Our room was also near the lift which added to the noise.

Aside from keeping guests quiet in the reception area and investing in new windows (unfair to expect this in a budget hotel), there's not much the hotel can do to prevent the noise. However, it would be enough to prevent me staying here again. Call me a weak foreigner, but I need some rest after a day out and about in India.

Maybe we were unlucky with the timing of the wedding, maybe others get used to the noise, maybe rooms in other parts of the hotel are quieter, maybe earplugs are the answer.

Otherwise it's a great hotel and we really appreciated the brilliant staff.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 24 November 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

I regret that you have not had a great stay with us , I assure you your comments are very important for us and I will view the same very seriously and take corrective action.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was one months ago twice .
It wasn't in my budget but I had decided to choose the safest option.
When you arrived at the front desk you receive a cold coke and a wonderful service from the so KIND personal.
It is very near from the rail station, for me the location was perfect because it is quieter that the Bazar area beside of the Golden Temple (you can take a Riskshow from 50 rupies up to 80 to go there)
The room (in special the bathroom) was the cleanest that I had experienced in India.
The bed, AA, newspaper breakfast were perfect.
TV OK, you have hundred of channel, perfect for indians, not the best for foreing people (few in english) I recomend to make a list printed with English options because you can be a lot of time changing channels to find them.
WIFI very fast, you have two laptops in the reception.
I left two bags for more than 10 days while I was traveling for Dharanshala and found them perfect.
I had my bus at 10pm and they offered me to wait in the evening in the hall using the laptops, wifi, free dinner and a room to change my clothes and take a shower.
Thanks for everything
I sure will come back there

Room Tip: From 2nd floor to up
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 20 November 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I look forward to see you more often. Which Suggestion you have given to us it will be Fulfilled ASAP.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Hong Kong Inn (and Amritsar itself is a must-see). The rooms were nice and clean, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the food was some of the best we tried in India!
We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MariaDimitrova
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 13 November 2013

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 11 November 2013

HongKong Inn is an affordable 3 star hotel , good decent rooms neat and clean, swift check in , warm hospitality .
Incase you want to go out for dinner or shopping , They ( hotel reception ask for it) do give you a 15% discount card which you may avail at designated shops or restaurant like bharwan dhaba , brothers dhaba , crystal restaurant etc .
there is no restaurant inside the hotel only room service is available which is expensive than out side food.
There is plenty restaurants available outside in the street eg Orchid restaurant , Friends Restaurant & Crystal restaurants , sagar ratna etc.

We had a great stay except that the ground floor rooms are close to reception and was disturbed often due to huge noise at lobby as people keep talking loudly in group check in . Lobby is huge and voice echo disturbing whole ground floor guests.

Must visit Golden Temple , Jalyanwala light & sound show at 6 pm onwards , Wagah Border parade ( avoid weekends , too much rush u may have to catch a seat from 3 pm to watch the show at 5 pm) prefer week days .

Room Tip: Do not choose ground floor rooms near to reception as huge noise in reception at odd hours may distu...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 12 November 2013

Honolulu
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed 3 nights in this professionally run hotel. Like most budget hotels, I kept my expectations to a minimum but was pleasantly surprised by the high quality of service. The rooms are average, the beds are a bit hard but relatively comfortable (for India), the air conditioning worked, and the bathrooms are pretty clean with hot water (it's a no-tub deal but that's normal for a budget hotel in India).

The staff was helpful, prompt, and friendly. I loved that each room had a list of sights and prices for private cars - no guessing games. So we hired a car for a day of sightseeing and the driver was professional. We also hired a car for the Wagah border ceremony and we had no problems with that either.

We loved the included breakfast - there's no dining room so you just order your breakfast with reception and they bring it to your room; free room service! The Indian breakfasts were delicious and you can order it at any time of the day! They also had a free minibar where they refilled bottled water, juice, cokes, and biscuits every day.

The location wasn't bad either, though we went most places by private car. I think most auto-rickshaw drivers know the hotel because it's down hotel alley, a well-known tourist area. Our auto-rickshaw driver at our arrival bus station knew of it. We walked around the area and there's plenty of food and shopping available. We ate at some nearby restaurants and they were very good.

For the price we paid, the service and other perks really made our stay memorable and a great value. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 7 November 2013

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We had a very pleasant stay in this Hotel on Oct 31st. The Hotel Staff were very kind right from the beginning. They not only gave us extended checkout by 3pm. By the time we came back from Wagah around 7pm they even let us use one of their rooms to get fresh.

The Hotel Staff at the Reception are doing really a great job and providing excellent Service.

We even got the Breakfast discount of 15% from Brother on our way to Golden Temple.

Would definitely stay here if we are in Amritsar again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 6 November 2013