“Hong Kong” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 96 Hotels in Amritsar
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Hong Kong”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Good hotel. Clean comfortable and family run. Staff was quick efficient polite and knowledgable about the area. They helped arrange transportation and were helpful with food choices. There is no real restaurant but room service was good.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs. Like most places in india it is loud and hard it get a good night sleep
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 28 December 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I look forward to see you more often.

Thanks.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed just one night. Room was quite acceptable, choice of a/c, fan, and heater. Decent amenities, good helpful staff, full of useful tips and suggestions, offered 15% discounts on nearby restaurants. Biggest advantage is proximity to possibly the best restaurant Crystal, yet away from the bustle of the crowded city. If you discount the approach road (very narrow), overall a very good value for money hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Wauchope, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed a 2 night stay here. The hotel was down a difficult to access lane (Hotel Lane) but was a good setup. We had a big room, a good shower & toilet, a small park at the back of our room, opening windows, choice of air conditioning or fan, bathroom amenities, a complimentary minibar of coke, juices and water, good wifi and a softer bed. There was no onsite restaurant but the meals produced from the hotel kitchen were delivered to your room-great food. If you preferred to dine out the hotel provided a 15% discount card to be used at a variety of restaurants around the city.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 20 December 2013

Lucknow, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

Our stay in your hotel was our pleasure.

We enjoyed the stay & also loved the food served to us. The staff was also well-mannered & co-operative.

Also warm reception & farewell by you was mesmerizing.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shiven B
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 19 December 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. I Will share your appreciation with my entire team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I look forward to see you more often.

Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed in the Hong Kong inn after having read the good reviews, and since we arrived on Saturday morning at 4 AM and left on Sunday, we thought it was two nights! But the friendly staff told us that this was merely an early check in, and in our case would be free!
We were very happy with the transport arrangements to the border and the airport, since they were cheaper than cabs and always on time!
The food was brought to the rooms, all had a homely feel to it!
We will definetely recommend this place to other travelers!
PS: work on your coffee please, nothing worse than waking up in anticipation for a good coffee and then you get boiled milk and water with too little coffee in it!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Christina_Jae

Navi Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

Hotel is really good & it was noce experince to stay at this hotel , though check in time was 12 reception has arrrnage an early check in at 7 am in the morning with out any extra charges, also in the evening they gave us discount coupen for the food at one of the hotel near to golden temple & it has really worked well & the food at the hotel was aslo good.

if will get any chance to visit amritser again will definately hotel hong kong innn will my first choice to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ashish00gohil
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 18 December 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I Will share your appreciation with my entire team. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future...

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I loved staying at this place. It was very luxurious compared to other places we had stayed for a while.

The place seemed new and sparklingly clean. Our room was large with a huge comfortable bed, flat screen TV with a list of English channels, kettle with tea and biscuits, complimentary toiletries, juice, water, Pepsi, and daily English language local newspaper. There was also a fridge and heater to keep the room warm. Shower was very hot and powerful and was in a separate area within the bathroom with a shower curtain which we hadn't seen in anywhere else we stayed.

Wi-fi was free and was one of the best connections we have come across.

Reception staff were amazing, they were very friendly and courteous and I felt that they really wanted us to enjoy our stay. We were allowed to check in to our room early and an hour later as we had booked a taxi to take us to our next destination at 12pm. We also booked a car to take us to the Wagah border ceremony. All taxis seemed reasonably priced to us although the driver made it clear that he wanted a tip at the end of each journey which I thought was a bit unprofessional. He was also sulky when we ended up giving him a 10% tip presumably as he wanted more.

Location is okay and close to the Crystal restaurant and useful shops selling toiletries as well as ATMs. It is very close to train station - pick up is expensive for such a short journey presumably as they have to pay for parking and wait for you so I would just get a taxi or auto rickshaw myself if I was arriving again by train.

On tripadvisor the map co-ordinates put the hotel very close to the Golden Temple which was one of the reasons we chose it. However, it is much further away and you need to get an auto rickshaw to visit it. We paid between 80-100 IRS for each one way journey to the temple part of town. We visited several times so the journeys added up.

We only stayed one night but should have stayed two. I really wanted to stay for longer and will definitely recommend and stay again if we come back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple