“Best Hotel but need to improve bed linen quality”

Hotel Hong Kong Inn
Ranked #4 of 98 Hotels in Amritsar
Navi Mumbai
“Best Hotel but need to improve bed linen quality”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Hi,

I stayed in this hotel on the night of 15 Dec 2013. I selected this hotel based on the TA review only and it really met with the quality and ratings mentioned on TA. When I booked this hotel, by mistake I took 2 Dec as my booking date and paid the amount and all the formalities. Hotel management had taken into consideration about my wrong date (as I had mail communication with them in the morning regarding the room and meals). Kudos for that.

Only bad part I had during my stay at this hotel is about bed linen quality i.e. they were not cleaned properly or due to improper drying i.e. not given enough sunlight, some sort of foul smell / odor was coming out of linen. I request hotel management to take care of it.

Room Tip: Room no. 107 is at ground floor and was not having any view so please, avoid it.
1 Thank vishal1507
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I assure you your comments are very important for us and I will view the same very seriously and take corrective action.

Thanks.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Good hotel. Clean comfortable and family run. Staff was quick efficient polite and knowledgable about the area. They helped arrange transportation and were helpful with food choices. There is no real restaurant but room service was good.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs. Like most places in india it is loud and hard it get a good night sleep
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I look forward to see you more often.

Mumbai
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed just one night. Room was quite acceptable, choice of a/c, fan, and heater. Decent amenities, good helpful staff, full of useful tips and suggestions, offered 15% discounts on nearby restaurants. Biggest advantage is proximity to possibly the best restaurant Crystal, yet away from the bustle of the crowded city. If you discount the approach road (very narrow), overall a very good value for money hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Wauchope, Australia
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed a 2 night stay here. The hotel was down a difficult to access lane (Hotel Lane) but was a good setup. We had a big room, a good shower & toilet, a small park at the back of our room, opening windows, choice of air conditioning or fan, bathroom amenities, a complimentary minibar of coke, juices and water, good wifi and a softer bed. There was no onsite restaurant but the meals produced from the hotel kitchen were delivered to your room-great food. If you preferred to dine out the hotel provided a 15% discount card to be used at a variety of restaurants around the city.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 20 December 2013

Lucknow, India
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Our stay in your hotel was our pleasure.

We enjoyed the stay & also loved the food served to us. The staff was also well-mannered & co-operative.

Also warm reception & farewell by you was mesmerizing.

1 Thank Shiven B
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 19 December 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. I Will share your appreciation with my entire team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I look forward to see you more often.

Bangalore
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed in the Hong Kong inn after having read the good reviews, and since we arrived on Saturday morning at 4 AM and left on Sunday, we thought it was two nights! But the friendly staff told us that this was merely an early check in, and in our case would be free!
We were very happy with the transport arrangements to the border and the airport, since they were cheaper than cabs and always on time!
The food was brought to the rooms, all had a homely feel to it!
We will definetely recommend this place to other travelers!
PS: work on your coffee please, nothing worse than waking up in anticipation for a good coffee and then you get boiled milk and water with too little coffee in it!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Christina_Jae

Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Hotel is really good & it was noce experince to stay at this hotel , though check in time was 12 reception has arrrnage an early check in at 7 am in the morning with out any extra charges, also in the evening they gave us discount coupen for the food at one of the hotel near to golden temple & it has really worked well & the food at the hotel was aslo good.

if will get any chance to visit amritser again will definately hotel hong kong innn will my first choice to stay.

2 Thank ashish00gohil
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 18 December 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I Will share your appreciation with my entire team. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future...