“Clean & friendly”

Ranked #5 of 96 Hotels in Amritsar
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Clean & friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Amritsar itself is a dirty city with not much going for it apart from the amazing golden temple, we spent two nights here at this hotel. It was new, clean and wifi worked very well! There is no restaurant so food is served in the room which is actually quite nice :) They also made the best cheese sandwiches in the Punjab as far as this reviewer is concerned... Exceptionally friendly & helpful owners who were on site, not luxury but good location and value for money.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 24 July 2014

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I look forward to see you more often.

Thanks.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Hong Kong Inn back in April 2014. The room was clean, the sheets nice and soft. In the room was a welcome platter with fresh fruit and cookies. A really nice touch. The staff was very helpful in getting me information on places to go and eat. All great suggestions.
At the end on my departure I had a terrible experience in the city, the hotel staff went out out of their way to help me out. They let me stay part of night at no charge and offered me a free dinner.
I was truly touch by their kindness. This place now holds a special place in my memories of India.
As a women traveling alone, any help and kindness goes a long way. Don't miss out on this place.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 2nd floor and it was nice and quite.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Killorglin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The price was very good. We had our meals served in our room. Food was excellent. Price was very good. Staff weary very attentive and very kind. Very clean and comfortable hotel. Very comfortable bed and room was lovely. 5 min drive from train station.

Room Tip: Excellent if you are needing the train and very central
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dervil
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 15 July 2014

Raipur, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed at HongKong Inn for two nights (11 July and 12 July) as i was in amtisar for a business trip. My decision was based on the tripadvisor reviews that the place has got. The location of the Hotel is pretty surprising, its like the hotels in Karol Bagh Delhi, you wouldnt realize its there unless you look for it. Although the way leading to the hotel is dirty, the service and cleanliness of the hotel will awe-struck you for sure.The 24 hour food service is also great and the staff ever courteous, the manager was very helpful when i aproached him with inquiries of local transport and sightseeing. The hotel is located close to the station, golden temple and Hall Gate(pickup point for most buses). overall it was a good experience baring the fact that they did not replenish my coffee kit for the second day.

1 Thank gaurav21

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Sat Shri Akal
I have been to Amritsar this June after my Himachal Pradesh Trip with my family and relatives. We were happy to book the interconnected room for our family of four. The concept of interconnecting two identical rooms which can also be used individually is very good. We stayed there two nights of 2nd June and 3rd June. Our relatives stayed in a single room on the ground floor.
We booked Hotel Hong Kong Inn, impressed by the reviews and photos of the hotel on TripAdvisor. We reached Amritsar in late summer afternoon, exhausted by the heat. After entering the hotel, out stress flew away. Rooms were fantastic! Luxurious, Simple and felt like a home away from home. Complimentary Tea, Coffee, Shower Cap, Toothpaste and other toiletries shows the perfect management skills of the Hotel staff. There was free Wifi facility with a good speed. One can also avail a mini refrigerator (minibar) facility. Furniture was simple with good aesthetic sense. Bed rolls were clean and felt like home which is very rare in most hotels. Bathroom was spacious and clean. I would give a 10 out of 10 for rooms.
As there is no restaurant or dining facility in the hotel, all meals are served through room service. The menu mentioned the food as hygienic and tasty, so it was indeed. Being a Bengali (with best taste buds), we were impressed by the food. Both Indian and Chinese food was good, tasty and indeed hygienic and very fresh. I would give a 10 out of 10 for food.
Service and staffs were very fast, skilled and humble in their service.
The most special facility was the Wifi facility with no extra charge. There were numerous Wifi lines and routers to avoid any congestion in the network. Speed was very good and I think every hotel should provide wifi facilities.
Lastly I would say we had a great experience at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, Amritsar. This hotel is till now is one of the best hotels we have stayed. I thank the Hotel Hong Kong Inn Management, Staffs, TravelGuru and a Big thanks to TripAdvisor.

Waheguru Ji Da Khalsa, Waheguru Ji De Fateh

Room Tip: All Rooms are good. If someone wants two rooms they should opt for Interconnected rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank IndranilBKolkata
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2014

Surat, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

First of all hats of to the great management of this hotel and 24 hours food facility is just superb
Very clean rooms with good facilities and super clean toilet
Very easy access to hotel
Food was very delicious and hygienic
Will give it 5 star for great facilities and clean environment

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank avinashjagnani
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, 8 July 2014

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great place for a 1 night stay in Amritsar.
clean rooms and bathrooms with all modern amenities.
Location is good, proximately located close to the Golden temple.
We had a very good time during our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends