“Disappointing stay”

Ranked #54 of 97 Hotels in Amritsar
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing stay”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Darbar View, we had a very positive experience the first time, but were very disappointed when we stayed recently. There was renovation work going on outside our room and it continued until late at night despite us asking for it to stop. The bed was also very uncomfortable and in need of replacement.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank h_rossbow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Czech first
London, UK
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed here for three nights, booking via booking.com at what worked out at about £15/night.

The location is excellent, maybe a minute's walk from the Golden Temple. This allowed me to easily visit it a second time after dark (and, had I been sufficiently energetic, would have been handy for visiting it at dawn). The staff were very friendly and helpful. They recommended some nearby restaurants and also allowed me to leave my bag between checking out and catching my train.

The room was clean and reasonably comfortable, although I did find it a bit chilly; I think this might in part be a reflection of the time of year and the fact that there is (as usual in this part of India?) no heating, but there did also seem to be a bit of a draught from the balcony door. There was a mains socket next to the bed, so I could charge my phone up overnight while still having it handy. (I am amazed how often this is not possible.) The wifi worked well.

When I first checked in I was put in a normal room instead of the superior room I had booked. The staff rectified this almost immediately without being asked, however (I was trying to get the booking page up on the web to confirm before I complained).

I would definitely consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 December 2013

This is a hotel with good location, clean good value. Safe, Staff is cooperative. I would stay here again
Our trip to Darbar Sahib was worth without any worries They even set up and auto for early morning drop off to station. I booked rooms for my friend. They also liked it

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Gaurav B, Owner at Hotel Darbar View, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Darbar View Amritsar!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and your kind words have been shared with our team.
We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the Holy city.

Best regards,
Gaurav Bagai
Co Founder & Chief operating officer
Noida, India
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Do not get fooled by the positive reviews. The tiny room offered to me was stuffy and damp. The wall paint was peeling off at many places. No electric kettle was provided by the management. The only positive was the proximity to Darbar Sahib.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank RAMANPS
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 5 November 2013

hotel is close proximity to mandir.very good location and one can visit mandir any time.But the most disappointment is hotel room size is too small for 1300.One cannot move a little bit with the type of room we stayed.Very ordinary tv,bed and all these logistics.Though facilities are there but didnt filled my expectations.Hotel staff are average types,not so humble as we expected.Please avoid room 104,105.Their room size is horrible.No restaurants are there.One can go out and eat near mandir location.Try kulcha there very tasty near amritsar mandir

Room Tip: take double deluxe room minimum.We are cheated with the money taken.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I am a frequent business traveler to Amritsar . Must say the hotel is neat and clean . Staff are very polite and they are always eager to help you without expecting any kind of tip. Very close to Golden Temple Maximum 2 min walk from the entrance of the temple. Will recommend every traveler to stay there. You will feel Home and safe.
Mr Gaurav the owner of the hotel is very helpful and friendly ,ready to help you at any time
Price is very low compared to other hotel.
Service is excellent.
Thanks to Team Darbar View to make my stay very comfortable and relaxing .

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Gaurav B, Owner at Hotel Darbar View, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Darbar View Amritsar!

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to the Holy city.

Best regards,
Gaurav Bagai
Co Founder & Chief operating officer
Mumbai
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Everything is decent. Very Very (almost inside!!) near the golden temple. Jalianwala bagh is also very near. The staff is courteous.

The only drawback is that they dont have their own kitchen in the hotel. They have it somewhere else and it takes approx half n hour for them to serve.

I give it a thumbs up.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Debanjan B