“Such a marvelous time!”
Review of Hotel Darbar View

Hotel Darbar View
Ranked #53 of 98 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I always love visiting Amritsar and staying at the Darbar View. It's only one block to the Golden Temple so we can easily visit it anytime of day! Also, the Jallianwala Bagh is right close by. They always arrange my car from the airport and coordinate any excursions I want to take. I can recommend the changing of the guard at the border and a day trip to Jalandhar.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Danielle R
There are newer reviews for Hotel Darbar View

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is total value for money. It has the best location, clean rooms and great staff.its so close to the golden temple that u end up going there more often than not. The market for papad and other local stuff is also right under the hotel.staff is so warm sply the owner gaurav who hosts u in the city like a friend.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 447ruhis
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The Hotel was good and clean. The staff was also really helpful and provided a great service. Made our stay comfortable. The room we were allocated had a funny small and we reported to the staff and they shifted us to another room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Neha J
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

A lovely little guesthouse where the staff working at the front desk bend over backwards to help u, even if there is some language difficulty.

Harpteet at the front desk was the best. I wanted to wear a Sikh turban and didn't know how to buy or how to wear. He offered to bring me one of his brother's which I refused politely and then he have me necessary dimensions for my big head and told me where to buy it. After I brought it back he put it on me himself and I looked great.

The location also can't be beat. Ur literally a one minute walk to the golden temple, one of the most amazing places in India.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Jd_murcia
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Nice hotel with close proximity to golden temple, 2 min walk away. Rooms were neat and clean and staff were very helpful and provided service was v.good
Rooms are little small but enough for 2 to stay comfortably.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank jpraveenca2006
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Darbar View, we had a very positive experience the first time, but were very disappointed when we stayed recently. There was renovation work going on outside our room and it continued until late at night despite us asking for it to stop. The bed was also very uncomfortable and in need of replacement.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank h_rossbow
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed here for three nights, booking via booking.com at what worked out at about £15/night.

The location is excellent, maybe a minute's walk from the Golden Temple. This allowed me to easily visit it a second time after dark (and, had I been sufficiently energetic, would have been handy for visiting it at dawn). The staff were very friendly and helpful. They recommended some nearby restaurants and also allowed me to leave my bag between checking out and catching my train.

The room was clean and reasonably comfortable, although I did find it a bit chilly; I think this might in part be a reflection of the time of year and the fact that there is (as usual in this part of India?) no heating, but there did also seem to be a bit of a draught from the balcony door. There was a mains socket next to the bed, so I could charge my phone up overnight while still having it handy. (I am amazed how often this is not possible.) The wifi worked well.

When I first checked in I was put in a normal room instead of the superior room I had booked. The staff rectified this almost immediately without being asked, however (I was trying to get the booking page up on the web to confirm before I complained).

I would definitely consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo