“Bad place to stay with your family !!”
Review of Hotel City Castle

Hotel City Castle
Ranked #30 of 97 Hotels in Amritsar
Gurgaon
“Bad place to stay with your family !!”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Bad hotel rooms, located near a muddy road, rude staff (except the manager) and bad food. Didn't expect this at all. My assumption that Cleartrip vets all inclusions. Not worth it, better stay away or book a guesthouse at Golden Temple!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Manas Ranjan K
hotelcitycastle1, Owner at Hotel City Castle, responded to this review, 17 October 2016
Dear Guest, Sat Shri Akaal !!! Thanks for giving the feedback regarding my hotel.I would like to inform you. As you have not stayed with us, that Also it is very surprising that you along with You Have Never Stay Hotel City Castle Amritsar Have Taken Wrong FeedBack . I would like to draw your attention, that is it a good way to solve an issue.?? Any deductions made in refund should be taken care by online travel portal. I look forward to see you more often.We Hope You to stay next time in Hotel City Castle We will try provide you better services and hospitality. Regards Prabhjot Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Please never ever go to such a worst hotel.

Here r the no of issued faced in new room given by them

1 Too bad location of hotel
2 No breakfast
3 Room with to bad smell, since there is no ventilations in the room and A/C seems to be never cleaned.
4 Rooms never clean ( earlier guest cloths also there till we left room)
5 Bathroom without shower
6 No water in morning and has to ask them to start it
7 Room full of bugs, lizard, cockroach
8 blanket with smell of vomit
9 bed sheet with holes
10 Too bad and re used towel
11 common passage never cleared all litter on one end
12 no user friendly staff and owner.
13 problem with electric Plugs ( I burnt my blackberry charger)
14 Bathroom never washed or room never clean with water can't walk in room bear feet

I just wasted my first day of Holiday and I wonder why Make my Trip people suggest such a Hotels.

Room Tip: Never Go to this Hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank dddguj
Mumbai
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Worst hotel in view of service, hospitality, location & room interiors.
Even rooms are having foul smell coming all around. I would never chose this hotel in future.What you would do with a fridge in a room if there are not even a person to take your luggage from reception to your room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

5 Thank N M
Delhi
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The moment I reached there with my group instead of greeting the guests with a smile a rude guy started talking in a highly unprofessional manner because I made the booking for 6 persons, however, one my cousin a 7th person joined us. I told him that we will adjust among ourselves but he said no I will still charge for the extra person though they did not provide for any extra bedding or service to that person. And its not even about that 7th person, we did not even get the bedding for the 6 persons as the rooms were so small and there was no space to put the mattress there.
The rooms were all so dirty, with lots of insects and mosquitoes, on top of that full of foul smell, we called reception ten times and even got down at the reception for room freshener but no one heard us, and we managed with our perfumes and deos only. Also we were not given rooms at the same level, one at first floor and the other one on third floor that too when there is no lift.
Worst experience of my life, never ever book such a mess for yourself.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank AmritDelhi
Leicester
Reviewed 29 June 2013

The Hotel City Castle is situated within 10 minutes walking distance from Amritsar's central bus station. It's a safe 3 story well established hotel with its own café is in a great location which is easy to find, on the road running behind Sangam Cinema. All of the Rickshawale or taxi drivers at the bus station know where it is and are happy to bring you to it.

I am a fussy kind of customer when it comes to accommodations and was very pleased to have booked this hotel on-line, the location and price was great.

The rooms are clean, the bedding was clean too. The large bed had a decent quality mattress and I have never woke up with any discomfort during my stay.

The staff were very friendly and always on hand to resolve any queries i had quickly. They are knowledgeable about the local area and are happy to suggest easy travel routes and places of interest etc to you.

All in all a great place to stay when in Amritsar due to its Location, Standard of rooms and value for money.

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor with a balcony that over looked the main road. Which was great to watch...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jeet M
Dear Guest, Sat Shri Akaal !!! Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I look forward to see you more often.We Hope You Next time stay Hotel City Castle We Will Provide Better Facility With Regards, Prabhjot Singh Mob 09815698957
Delhi
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I had pre-paid for 5 days as a base,Unfriendly management, 3 fat mice in room, Cockroaches galore,smelly from Kitchen exhaust, dirty linen, extremely dirty bathroom, dirty so called dining room, incompetent personnel, NO english spoken by most of them., WIFI on and off. I will NEVER go back there!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

3 Thank RahimPDelhi
Gandhinagar, India
Reviewed 14 May 2013

No proper room service
very small rooms, if you go with some luggage then walk on the bed
ac not working properly
no lift
restaurant rates very high
better to go for this hotel if no other option is available for you

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family