“CEO , Pstc India”
Review of Hotel Ritz Plaza

Hotel Ritz Plaza
Ranked #72 of 98 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my family at Ritz plaza Amritsar. We had a wonderful time. The hospitality and the food is really outstanding. The hotel is nestled in quiet serene and surrounded with trees and greens all around. I will love to stay here , whenever I will be visiting Golden Temple in Amritsar.

Stayed: March 2014
RMHIPL, General Manager at Hotel Ritz Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Warm Greetings from Ritz, Amritsar!!

Many thanks for the kind words and an excellent review. We thank you for the time taken to review our services.

We certainly hope to see you again soon

Regards

Team Ritz

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The rooms are spacious and well maintained, and the staff always helpful and on call. Being a VERY senior citizen and wobbly on my legs I was delighted to be given a room that catered to special needs, something I've never seen in other hotels. Hand-rails in the bathroom, no slippery tub, something I dread, and hot water always available. Bathing was a pleasure, not an ordeal. The manager and the lady receptionist looked after my daughters and myself beyond the call of duty and, best of all, provided me with a wheelchair for sight-seeing, without which I could never have seen the Golden Temple and Wagah Border. The lounge is comfortable for reading and relaxing, with music throughout the day (a soothing saxophone), and live music over dinner. Sushil, accompanied on the harmonium and tabla, has a voice that haunts you long after the music is over.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Ms Zerin,
Greetings!
Thank you for the lovely review. We are very grateful to you for the time spent in posting the review.
I am sure you will be traveling for many more years to come and that we will get this chance to host you back soon with us at The Ritz Hotel.

Your kind words of encouragement will be shared with all and we are sure that they will put in more efforts to make the stay of all clients as comfortable as yours.

Thanks & Regards

Team Ritz

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Ritz for 7 nights. We had just crossed the border from Pakistan into India (by car), and had originally intended to stay at the Ritz for 2 nights. However, my husband became ill, so we stayed a week instead. What a fabulous hotel! The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The room (a suite) was very comfortable and spacious. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was modern and clean. The restaurant was lovely and the food was always great. The staff arranged for a driver to take me to a local "medicine-shop" so I could get antibiotics for my husband. They also arranged for us to get a leaky car tyre fixed. The staff were always keen to help us in any way they could. We received complimentary WIFI access, which made our stay even better. We recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The Hotel is located at posh location of Amritsar. The rooms are good with excellent service of House keeping and quality food. Immediate attention and servicing of small issues were sorted by front desk manager without any delay. The front office Manager personally helps in all travel related and stay related matters.Very good service for long and short stay. Cars are available by hotel for temple and wagah border trips anytime you wish.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
RMHIPL, Front Office Manager at Hotel Ritz Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,
Greetings from Ritz Hotel, Amritsar!
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community. Your support and patronage is highly valued. We look forward to hosting you back with us. Your appreciation of the services will be communicated to the entire team.
Thanks & Regards

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I was so unfortunate to be ill at the time of my stay in the hotel. But the staff, with the manager and his wife in particular, were very friendly and surrounded me with much care and special treatment.
Thank you very very much!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
RMHIPL, General Manager at Hotel Ritz Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Mr Vandenbroucke,
Greetings from Ritz Hotel, Amritsar!
Thank you for the kind words of appreciation. We are glad to know that you liked our service.
Best Regards

Reviewed 2 March 2014

One of the loveliest hotels we stayed at during our 14 days in India. The rooms were spacious and clean. Very modern bathroom. I was worried that I may not have a good sleep, as it was on a busy road, but the traffic was not audible from inside the hotel.

Staff at the reception desk were very friendly and extremely helpful. Many of the other hotels we stayed at refused to change my Scottish pounds but I managed to change it at The Ritz with no problems. Reception staff also helped us chase up a clothing order, that hadn't been delivered at the expected time. They could have refused to help us but they were more than happy to call the shop for us.

The hotel is located pretty close to the large market in Amritsar (about 10min away). We took a rickshaw, for about 100 rupees (£1), to the market and spent almost half the day shopping. It was very easy and safe, even for females travelling alone, to utilise public transport.

The only negative for me was that Wi-Fi was not free. On the whole, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
RMHIPL, Front Office Manager at Hotel Ritz Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Ms Pillay,
Greetings!

I am more than elated to view your valuable feedback. Thank you for taking out time from your schedule. It means a lot to us and your kind words of appreciation would definitely be shared amongst my team for maintaining same standards of service as offered to you. It was our privilege rather than duty to ensure that our guest at Hotel Ritz Plaza are more than comfortable. We would love to host you again and assure you always even better levels of hospitality.

Regards.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Very good standard in the rooms and in the service. It is not cheap but you get what you are paying for. It is a little bit out of the centre but it is a quiet location. Very recommended

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,
Greetings from Ritz Hotel!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us.We are delighted to learn of your pleasant experience and thank you for your words of appreciation. The same will be shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Regards