“Comfortable, quiet and reliable”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Ritz Plaza

Hotel Ritz Plaza
Ranked #69 of 96 Hotels in Amritsar
Perth, Australia
“Comfortable, quiet and reliable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Wide friendly smiles greet each guest. A welcoming 'arati' too! The Front of house are energetic and nothing seems to be too much to ask of them.

The cleanliness is maintained thought the hotel and rooms. The bed linen and towels are clean. I had 16 with me; everyone was more than satisfied.

I very much recommend the dining room and the genuinely friendly staff. We had one guest who required special dietary attention; the hotel and chef were amazingly solicitous for this person. We were all mightily and favourably impressed with the overall tasty well cooked menu and attentive and polite table staff.

The swimming pool is a delight. Great on a hot day in July!

I recommend this establishment heartily.

• Stayed July 2014
RMHIPL, General Manager at Hotel Ritz Plaza, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from The Ritz Hotel.
Thank you for taking out time to review our services. We are delighted to note that you had a wonderful time at The Ritz Hotel.

It has been our continuous endeavor to provide our clients with the best of services and we are glad that we could be of assistance to you and your group.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Ritz Soon.

Thanks & Regards

Team Ritz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

A wrongly publicised as Heritage Hotel Property. The only good thing with the Hotel is its location, amongst the prime Retail locations in the Town and not too far off from the Main Attraction of Amritsar, The Golden Temple. The service is poor and food quality is not good at all. Not a good experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Sandeep S
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Dear Staff at Ritz Hotel,

Greetings to you all!

I wanted to express my gratitude to everybody for the hospitality and warmth that you all extended towards me and my only son. I also appreciate that you let my 4 legged son Scotch stay in your premises though it was not mentioned that your's is a pet friendly hotel - this gesture is noteworthy.
The food at Ranjit's is fingerlicking and quite a variety on the platter. I do not recollect the banquet manager's name (Am sorry about that) but I do remember the banter I had with him at breakfast time. It was a pleasure.
Special thanks to Piyush and Rahul for making my 1st anniversary day more memorable by surprising me with the lovely flowers and cake as requested by my husband.
Piyush - thank you so much for the lovely tips on where to do shopping and sight seeing. It made me feel more special as you remembered us with an earlier booking way back in February though we cancelled it. You are an asset to the Ritz Plaza Amritsar property. Kudos to you :)
Rahul - Thank you for attending to each and every query of our's and helping us with the route back home.
It would not have been a comfortable and peaceful stay for me and my pet had it not been for all of you.
We look forward to come and stay again at Ritz and this time with my husband.

Thanks and best wishes to the whole team,
Preetika

Room Tip: Since personal care is taken for each guest, I suggest please share your preferences, likes/dislikes...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Preetji
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed as a family of 7 towards the end of April. It's a nice place comfy rooms and staff are happy to help. In house buffet was good value on a Saturday night. Breakfast service is slow but again staff are happy to do omelettes / toast/ tea coffee as you like them. Special mention for kitchen manager who got a meal prepared for us after restaurant kitchen timing was over because we arrived pretty late. Would only say that the rooms on the second floor are better than the ones on the ground floor. The ground floor air conditioning is centrally controlled by the hotel. Would stay again. Location is not too far from the golden temple or markets, maybe 10 mins by car.

• Stayed April 2014
RMHIPL, General Manager at Hotel Ritz Plaza, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings From Ritz Hotel.
Thank you for taking out your valuable time to review us. We are very pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay and liked the property and services.
It is always our endeavor to try and keep improving upon our services and facility for the comfort of our client. Thank you for appreciating the services of the restaurant staff. The same will be conveyed to them as well

We would be very happy to host you back with us soon at The Holy City.

Thanks & Best Regards

New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I recently stayed with my family for a night in this hotel.It is conveniently located at Mall road, away from the hustle and bustle of the busy city yet every place is just few minutes away and easy accessible by autos and rickshaws.Best location advantage is that it is very close to railway station.The rooms are quite spacious and well maintained with all the basic required amenities keeping in mind a good hygiene as well.The staff is very friendly and helpful and food quality is very good.The senior persons including General manager and restaurant in charge personally take care of the needs of the guests making their stay more comfortable which is a topping on the cake.
Being one of the oldest hotels in town, it has succeeded in maintaining its old world charm till date.
Should I be visiting Amritsar next time, I would love to stay in this hotel again !!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

The hotel is located away from the hustle bustle of town, yet everything is just few minutes away. Very close to railways station. Golden temple is just 10mins drive. Autos and rickshaws are readily available outside the main gate. The property is well kept. Rooms are comfortable with all amenities. I was very happy to see the clean bedsheets, towels and a very airy and sunny room. Bathrooms were clean and fully equipped. There is a swimming pool. Although we didn't swim but saw that the pool was well maintained. Their buffet breakfast was really good. The person managing the place attended personally to all guests. We did not have dinner in the hotel, but the restaurant seems to be well off. They have a weekend buffet with music.The staff of the hotel were helpful and warm. Car hires are easily available from the hotel. The only minus points of the hotel was that the elevator was not working during our stay. But I would certainly recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
RMHIPL, General Manager at Hotel Ritz Plaza, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings From Ritz Hotel.

It is always our endeavor to try and keep improving upon our services and facility for the comfort of our client. I apologize for the unfortunate breakdown of the elevator during your stay. The same has been rectified and efforts made to make sure that such mechanical failure is minimized/avoided all together.

We would be very happy to host you back with us soon at The Holy City.

Thanks & Best Regards

India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We were there for one day. Not value for Money. In room furniture and fixture are dirty. Service are very very poor. Price is very high compare to food. Food is also Average. Feel that foreigne rs are visited this hotel and how they manage it is question? We take only Breakfast and Dinner there but we do not enjoy. In Dinner we wait for to serve food for so long time and nobody bother for same. Personally i never visit again to this hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Dr Parikh,
Greetings!
Let me at the outset tender my unconditional apology for the discomfort that you had during your stay. All the points that you have mentioned have been noted by us and we will make sure that whatever was the cause of inconvenience to you will be taken care off.

I thank you for bringing this to our notice and we would request you to kindly visit us again and be our house guest so that we can showcase the improvements made.

Thanks & Best regards