“Awesome Place!!!”

Ramada Amritsar
Ranked #10 of 96 Hotels in Amritsar
“Awesome Place!!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Ramada Amritsar is so conveniently located near to the famous attractions of Amritsar - The Golden Temple and Jallianwala bagh. They are all a 5 min walk from the hotel. if you are a foodie then Bharawan da Dhaba is also very close by. For shopping spree, this place is apt. Food at this hotel is very tasty. It is indeed, value for money

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank aug703

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This review is about the heartless attitude of the reception staff at Ramada Amritsar.

We were holidaying in Srinagar and took a one day trip to visit the Golden Temple on the 21st of July. When we arrived at the hotel my wife had fever and her temperature felt quite high. Since, we had left our bag containing medicines in Srinagar, I went to the Reception to request for a thermometer and crocin (paracetamol).

Shockingly this 4 star hotel did not have a thermometer or crocin; in fact they did not have a first aid kit at all. Instead, the reception staff told me to try the medical shops in the bazaar. I went out to buy the thermometer and crocin but due to a Bandh, all medical shops in the Hall Bazaar area were closed and after trying for around 15 minutes I returned back to the hotel.
I requested them to see if any hotel staff had a thermometer or if any hotel staff stayed nearby; could they arrange the thermometer and crocin from their residence. Finally one person at the reception gave Rs. 50 to member of the staff and told him to get the thermometer and crocin from a medical shop in another area.

The temperature reading showed above 103 degrees. I gave my wife crocin and kept cold compress on her forehead - two hours passed and there was no sign of the doctor. The reception staff did not send a vehicle to pickup the doctor-on-call for 2 hours. I again went down to the reception and requested the Doctor (Dr. P.S. Grover) to reach the hotel and the kind Doctor arrived within 20 minutes and examined my wife and wrote a prescription, saying that he will ask a hotel staff to collect the medicines from his hospital and have it delivered.

I accompanied Dr. P.S. Grover till the lobby. The kind Doctor spoke to two members at the hotel lobby who played dumb and did not show the slightest interest to accompany him nor try to arrange another staff person to go with him. I went with the Doctor in his car and he gave me the medicines from his pharmacy and I returned back to the hotel.

By next morning my wife's fever had subsided, and we did make the trip to the Golden Temple before leaving for the airport to catch our flight back to srinagar.

Room: We had booked our Room on Hotels.com during Ramada's anniversary celebration offer. To celebrate their anniversary, they gave us a room (no. 226) with the WORST possible view at the end of a corridor.

Breakfast Buffet: From the Buffet, I chose South Indian Idli and Uthappa; both of which were stone cold. They also had North Indian Potato Bhaji with Masala Puri in the buffet; but the Masala Puri Dish was empty. Since, the south Indian breakfast was uneatable... finally had croissants with Jam for breakfast.

Departure: We ordered a radio taxi for the airport. The reception staff failed to inform us that the taxi had arrived even after the driver had given them our Room number. This delayed us by nearly 20 minutes. There are 2/3 people at the reception and there seems to be a complete breakdown in communication among them.

Hotel Staff: The overall impression I got was that to cut corners, Ramada hotel employs freshers as Trainee staff who are incable of taking any decisions in emergency situations.

It is only in difficult situations, you realise the capability of people around you and Ramada Amritsar miserably failed to show the human side of their management.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Mahesh_P_A
Delhi
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The room was ideal for two guests. We felt a bit uncomfortable because we were three in the room. Service and food was good. Chicken tikka was wonderful. Overall our experience was good, and we wish to enjoy this facility again..

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Manjeet A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a very beautiful hotel. The service is so greathat that we felt exactly like home. I would like to especially thank Miss Navdeep Kaur who gave very excellent service to us during our stay at Ramada.
Very happy and satisfied.

• Stayed August 2014
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We had a good experience at this hotel, stayed twice in July and August for 2 days each.

Excellent location, rickshaw at door step to take to golden temple or to market.

Sandeep at travel desk provided good guidance to cover nearby tourist cities and obviously arranged transport at short notice.

One can't expect any good view from this hotel, considering its location.

Food and service were top class.

Stayed August 2014
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The property is amazing and has all the basic amenities which one would like to have . The price of the in house food service is very economical . Golden temple is just 15 min walk away from the hotel . So if you have a car don't bother taking it out .

Now for the staff - When i was clearing my Final payment , the staff told me I have paid them a extra Rs 500 note which they have adjusted in my bill . I was so happy to see honest people like them

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I don't know how we missed this Hotel in our previous trips to Amritsar..........its a very nice place to stay walking distance from Jallianwala Bagh and Bhrawan Da Dhaba which means it is a 5 min rickshaw ride away from the Golden Temple......try to get a corporate discount check agoda for deals......we got a Deluxe room for Rs. 3000/night (with breakfast)......the rooms are very clean the room service is good.......but then their restaurant is a bit pricey so rush to the nearby dhabas (Bhrawan, Kesar, Punjabi Dhaba) for lunch/dinner.
Overall a damn neat hotel in terms of price, facilities (they have a swimming pool also so the kids will enjoy) and location..........

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
gaurav1bartwal2, Front Office Manager at Ramada Amritsar, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure having you stay with us during your visit to Amritsar.

We cannot thank you enough for taking time to update your experience on TripAdvisor. Your time and praise is overwhelming and precious to us.

We are delighted to read your fantastic review and sincerely thank you for your encouraging and kind words of praise for our services.

Your positive observations regarding our hospitality is really inspirational for all of us.

At Ramada Amritsar, it is our endeavor to ensure that every guest leaves as an ambassador of our hotel. We are delighted to read that we have exceeded your expectations.

We thank you once again for your appreciative feedback and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Gaurav Bartwal