Our final destnation in our 18 day tour of India was Amritsar. We were well aware that the hotel was not going to be luxury standard but had stayed in a simlar hotel in Narlai, so were not too concerned.
When we arrived we were allocated a room on the first floor. The bathroom and in particular the loo was not clean and we asked to be moved to another room. We chose a room on the top floor which was light and spacious and had a slightly better bathroom, what the didn't tell us was that there was a water pump on the roof that ran every two minutes throughout the night - nightmare! The following morning we asked to be moved to another room - and again the bathroom and in particular the loo was not clean.
Our main concern was the cleanliness of the whole place. The bed sheets in both the rooms we slept in were extremely old and worn and looked dirty - one of the pillow cases had a huge stain on it and the towels a light shade of grey. The bathrobes provided were old, discoloured and stained. One of the tables in the dining room had a cloth covered with stains and this was never changed. The crockery was not washed properly (stains in mugs etc). Chairs seat covers on the verandas were filthy and covered in dust.
We had dinner there the first night of our stay - no choice - and the food was luke warn. The service was terrible. Tea/coffee was provided as long as you didn't mind making it for yourself - the kettle was on the side board in the dining room.
Authentic Indian experience we don't mind - but there is no excuse for the terrible service and lack of basic cleanliness shown at this hotel.
Amritsar is a fascinating city - but do yourself a favour and stay elsewhere
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ranjit's SVAASA is a creation out of a luxurious refurbishment of the 200 year old British Colonial Haveli, now plush with its characteristic boutique rooms and suites, fully equipped with modern amenities. The property also houses an award winning Spa in its restructured horse stables and cow sheds. The open courtyard plush with landscaped greenery and the rooftop organic vegetation all adorn the small yet beautiful manor. In the heart of the City, Ranjit's SVAASA is a peaceful haven to relax and cherish your holiday with authentic home cooked Punjabi food, with continental options. Enjoy meeting and interacting with the Mehra's, the Royal family descendants who personally manage and run this place making it a rich home away from home experience. Enjoy playing with the family dog or listening to the chirping birds or seeing the green parrots flying around. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ranjit's SVAASA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welcome Heritage Ranjit`s Svaasa Hotel Amritsar
- Welcome Heritage Ranjits Svaasa Amritsar
- Welcome Heritage Ranjits Svaasa Hotel