This hotel has plenty of charm and history. The food was of a good standard and there is a nice place to relax.
The cleanliness was very poor indeed. In our bathroom we found hair on the floor and in the shower. The sleeping area was very dusty and had not been swept. There is no excuse for this. This is basic stuff. Sure, the decor was a bit tired, but that was what we expected of a hotel with old world grandeur..
There seemed to be not enough working staff during our stay. One or two of the folk would be rushed off their feet but the rest, who seemed to be the owners (they outnumbered the staff), just seemed to swan around not doing very much.
We were part of a small tour (VJV). The owners were told of our travel arrangements but the breakfast wasn't on time and the evening meal was late. We were going to organised events,
so it was important that we got our meals on time.
We all had a bit of a laugh about it but if the rooms had been cleaned and meals ready when asked (they didn't say anything at the time of asking) then it wouldn't have been so bad.
If you do go, don't be shy about asking for the room to be clean.
Some of our party had plumbing difficulties, leaks and toilets not working as they should, but that's another story for someone else to tell.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ranjit's SVAASA is a creation out of a luxurious refurbishment of the 200 year old British Colonial Haveli, now plush with its characteristic boutique rooms and suites, fully equipped with modern amenities. The property also houses an award winning Spa in its restructured horse stables and cow sheds. The open courtyard plush with landscaped greenery and the rooftop organic vegetation all adorn the small yet beautiful manor. In the heart of the City, Ranjit's SVAASA is a peaceful haven to relax and cherish your holiday with authentic home cooked Punjabi food, with continental options. Enjoy meeting and interacting with the Mehra's, the Royal family descendants who personally manage and run this place making it a rich home away from home experience. Enjoy playing with the family dog or listening to the chirping birds or seeing the green parrots flying around. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ranjit's SVAASA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welcome Heritage Ranjit`s Svaasa Hotel Amritsar
- Welcome Heritage Ranjits Svaasa Amritsar
- Welcome Heritage Ranjits Svaasa Hotel