“Worst rowdy hotel I have ever seen in my life”

Hotel Sun City Towers
Ranked #61 of 97 Hotels in Amritsar
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Worst rowdy hotel I have ever seen in my life”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I am a fond traveler with travelling multiple places and stays many hotels and resorts but its the first time ever that I came across such a pathetic hotel like this. This hotel ruined my holidays to Punjab and I strongly urge fellow travelers to avoid being harrassed in this hotel. I have done prior booking by goIbibo and have informed multiple times on phone about my arrival but when we reached we didn't find our room and the staff were very rude. We were given room after many hours that too when we reached many hours after the actual check-in time starts and prior information.

This is very expensive hotel for its services. All their charges are exorbitant like extra person , room service etc.
They have no traces of hospitality in them. From staff to owner, everyone were very rude and behaves that they are giving their rooms on free
Rooms were very small and dirty. No flash in toilet, first time I found in any hotel

I being come with family suffers a lot in this hotel and strongly urge travelers to avoid this hotel at any cost. There are plenty of other good hotels elsewhere in Amritsar.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Rishabh_Agg

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
vapi
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two days. i fine its worthful in this price range. its very near to railway station, 5 min walking. shairing auto easly get from outside to golden temple 10 rs per person they will charge. staff was good, room was clean,. so i recomded this hotel.

Room Tip: we stayed in super delux catogry, that was good
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
North Eastham
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Do not believe agoda ratings of this hotel.They did not post my review of this over priced hotel The rooms are dark, cold and the bathroom smelled of urine( not mine ). The noise from traffic kept us up till after 1 am. We asked for a quieter room and were given another still facing the street and very noisey. The wifi did not work at all. We traveled around India for 6 weeks and found this our worst choice and one of the most expensive. There are much better choices on the same street at almost half the price. I hope this saves a traveller from a bad experience here.

Room Tip: Don,t stay here.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Thomas C

Travellers are raving about these Amritsar hotels

Amritsar, India
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my family in the month of feb 2012. hotel this is good property. tottetly friendly staff and hotel on very good location easy to locate. it is walking distance from bus terminal and near as well as golden temple,

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

mumbai
Reviewed 3 January 2012

me and my friend thought of doing something different this new year. so we thought of going to Amritsar visit Golden temple and Wagah border. We booked our train tickets from mumbai to Amritsar but we goofed up with dates. We wanted to arrive amritsar by 31st december 11 but we did not check when the train is arriving in amritsar. hence we were landing up on 30th early morning. i already had 31st night hotel room booked with Suncity. when arrived at the hotel i told them what went wrong. i was ok to pay the hotel rate for 30 th but for early checkin they were charging me 700 which was of no sense. the normal room rate is 1000 approx... i tried convincing the man at the reception but he was not interested. hence i had no option to look for other hotel..

Still the hotel is in good in condition. nice rooms. Hot water for bat his available. staff is otherwise helpful.

i ordered veg manchow soup which was not upto the expectation. it had paneer in it.

otherwise i would recommend the hotel for a planned stay.

Room Tip: i had seen their deluxe room and it was very good...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank heymals
Nyon, Switzerland
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We had a perfect experience at Hotel Sun City Towers. The hotel is very near to the railway station and just about 5 mins from the The Golden Temple. Staff was extremely helpful. Rooms and the bathroom were very neat and clean . As soon as we entered we could feel the Lemon Grass Fragrance . A doctor on call was also avilabale . They have a 24 hours effective front desk facility and 24 hours running hot and cold water supply. I would stronlgy suggest and recommend this hotel to everyone.
All in all its was a perfectly priced hotel with excellent facilities and services.

Room Tip: Super Deluxe Rooms are very nice
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Mumbai
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my family in the month of July 2011. The staff made my stay a memorable one . We were warmly welcomed by the hotel staff. The rooms were assigned to us before we could arrive. The rooms were well maintained and beautiful. The rooms had a glimpse of the heritage of Punjab. The room had a LCD screen and Satellite Channels by Reliance Big TV .
The food served was awesome and we had all our meals in the In Room Dining .
Great Services with reasonable prices.
We would surely be back to this hotel soon

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family