Hotel Golden Tower
US$82
US$68
US$54
Travelocity
Hotel Hong Kong Inn(Amritsar)
US$36
US$31
US$87
US$80
US$41
US$36
Ramada Amritsar(Amritsar)
US$86
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Rat droppings on bed, non-functional AC and geyser, peeling and damp walls, bathroom fittings falling out - how bad could it be? Add to it cold and lousy tea, uncomfortable mattresses and pillows, very few useful channels on TV, no internet. To cap it all, they promised free car parking on the premises, but it turned out to be the community multi-storey car park where I had to pay Rs.60 per day.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank SS-Shom
Reviewed 9 February 2010

The only good thing about Hotel Golden Tower is that it's a short walk away from the Golden Temple. The hotel itself looks like it's in a building that's about to collapse. The staff at reception were polite, but not overly friendly. I was shown two rooms, and one looked fine while the other had a dank, musty smell to it. The room I chose looked to be fairly clean, but I should have looked closer. The bed felt damp, and upon closer inspection the sheets had hairs and stains on it. The bathroom didn't have any hot water and the toilet smelled. It was really late at that point, and seeing as I planned to stay only one night, I thought I'd just bear it. Fortunately, I had a sleep sheet with me, so i didn't have to touch the dirty sheets as I slept. All this for just 1300 rupees. Never again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Othello491
Reviewed 18 May 2008

We have been to Hotel Golden Tower on May 1st, 08. Based on the inputs from Travel Advisor blog, we chose to stay at this hotel. But the experience was VERY BAD. Rooms are not having proper Air conditioning and bathrooms are equally bad. Cleanliness is poor. It is definitely not worth to spend Rs. 1500 for this one.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank yonaik
Reviewed 6 December 2007

Basic by western standards, but the Hotel Golden Tower has superb staff who looked after me as if I were family.
The hotel is a short walk from the Golden Temple, and the staff arranged trips for me to other big religious sites in the Punjab, which I enjoyed no end.
Rooms have television, A/C, showers, refridgerators, and telephones to call home. Cold drinks, water and snacks are available at all times. Whenever I needed anything, the staff were great, and for me that was far more important than luxuries you might pay a fortune for elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank Bertie88
Reviewed 5 December 2007

it was a very nice and comfortable stay at hotel golden tower.as the climate of india in june was very hot and humid hotel golden tower was avery cool place to stay. front office staff was very helpful and provided every required information to me . they help a lot making search for tel no. of my airline offices to rescheduling my flieght. food was also very tasty. room was very calm and peaceful .cleanliness was good .on the whole it was a very nice place to stay at very less cost.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank archian