“avoid, if you can”

Ranked #78 of 96 Hotels in Amritsar
Noida, India
“avoid, if you can”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Hotel Golden Tower is just a below average hotel with very good location. The staff is insufficient and untrained. The hotel doesn't has a restaurant or a cafe. The rooms are small and tacky and not maintained. It's location is the only plus point, it is near Jallianwalan Bagh and Golden Temple. It was the worst experience i've ever had in a hotel. Please avoid it, if you can.

Room Tip: All rooms are small and bad
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
mumbai
Reviewed 2 April 2013

After travelling for whole night and getting tired of searching more hotels, finally we chose this hotel for our stay at Amritsar for two days. The room offered to us was nowhere near to what those they exhibit over their website. The furniture was sort of junk. The room was cramped. The room was shown to us before hiring but never in the past that I bothered to check whether all things do their functions properly. (Henceforth I will certainly do it) Only after checking-in we realised that there was no hot water in the tap. After repeated inquiry (for two hours)we came to know that the hot water supply line was already cut-off. We thought of checking out immediately but the person at reception promised us to get our room changed. The room-boy also informed us that there were some check-outs and soon we were to get shifted to another room. Later, the person at reception changed and the next person refused any change but since we had paid the advance we couldn't checked-out immediately. The whole day, their management refused to change our room which they promised earlier. Each time before bathing we had to call the room-boy to fetch the hot water. With a resolution not to bear any more insult, we moved out of this hotel early next morning but to add injury to the insult, the management changed their billing rules (what it was promised at check-in) and asked for more money than it was ethically chargeable.

So my advice to all is do not expect this management to behave ethically and be ready to bear insult if choose to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Before checking-in do not just visually inspect the room but make sure that every thing I.e. from Cr...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank pvikas

Travellers are raving about these Amritsar hotels

Minnesota
Reviewed 4 April 2012

No really recent reviews, more recent were bad but earlier ones were good so I checked it out. The walls of the hallway were literally covered w black mold/mildew. And the lower priced room they showed me had mold on the walls in its hallway. Seriously, I've seen mold before but this was pretty bad. If you're entirely immune to environmental health hazards, you could give it a try. I have allergies and some breathing problems in India (dust, fumes, etc) so I gave it a pass. They did have a cleaner looking room a couple of flights up but they wanted more for that. I moved on.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dorset
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We were booked into this hotel by the manager of Chanchel Deluxe a hotel sister in Delhi. We were promised all sorts but what a nightmare.

On arriving we had to clamber over bricks, no pavement, to get to the front door. There were about six men sat in the reception who all worked there. Our room smelt like something had died, the paint was peeling off the walls and there were damp patches everywhere. There was a blanket for bedding with no sheet underneath and it looked like this blanket hadn't been washed for a long time. The shower was disgusting, mouldy and ripped curtain rail, dirty floor, I could go on and on. I asked to go to another room and was told they were spray air fresher around. We saw another room which was equally as bad so checked out. There are many hotels here at the same or better prices. Please avoid they need to sort this place out. I think the positive comments come from the staff.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Baileysblog
New Delhi
Reviewed 29 October 2011

I have visited the hotel recently on Diwali, the service was pathetic, so was the management, room service is no where, taps are not working, they does not supply water to hotel rooms, broken chairs, Tv channels does not work, Fridge was filled with fungus, they have promised a car parking but after arrival they suggest to park car in parking, even no one has came there after calling hotel thrice to pick us and luggage. they say take a rickshaw and come here it was so pathetic that we never suggest to go there instead one can have better stay on footpath

Room Tip: NO hotel near Golden Temple have parking facilities but there are few hotels those can partially pro...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank harrylotus
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Rat droppings on bed, non-functional AC and geyser, peeling and damp walls, bathroom fittings falling out - how bad could it be? Add to it cold and lousy tea, uncomfortable mattresses and pillows, very few useful channels on TV, no internet. To cap it all, they promised free car parking on the premises, but it turned out to be the community multi-storey car park where I had to pay Rs.60 per day.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank SS-Shom
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 February 2010

The only good thing about Hotel Golden Tower is that it's a short walk away from the Golden Temple. The hotel itself looks like it's in a building that's about to collapse. The staff at reception were polite, but not overly friendly. I was shown two rooms, and one looked fine while the other had a dank, musty smell to it. The room I chose looked to be fairly clean, but I should have looked closer. The bed felt damp, and upon closer inspection the sheets had hairs and stains on it. The bathroom didn't have any hot water and the toilet smelled. It was really late at that point, and seeing as I planned to stay only one night, I thought I'd just bear it. Fortunately, I had a sleep sheet with me, so i didn't have to touch the dirty sheets as I slept. All this for just 1300 rupees. Never again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo