“Family run Haveli”

Shivam Tourist Guest House
Ranked #4 of 25 Bundi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We arrived at 2am in Bundi and as promised were met at the train station. The welcome from the two brothers was lovely. The rooftop cafe has lovely views and serves the best ever lassi! We extended our stay as we felt so relaxed and at home. We had a massage which was organised by the family but at no time was any pressure applied. The rooms are clean and the water was hot! Would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I arrived and was very ill, the family welcomed me and settled me in. It wasn't about money with these people it was about making me well.
the oldest man gave me free advice about the local Ayurvedic medicine and the son took me to see the western doctor, which they all arranged.
They cooked and cleaned my clothes for me. Within a couple of days I was feeling much better and able to venture out.
The hotel was so beautiful, a real travellers treat, I cannot explain so its a must see.
I cannot rate this place enough, i would love to go back and visit some time in the future.
Enjoy this magical place, it's a rare treat.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this guest house for 2 nights whilst in bundi. It was a great place to stay. I arrived at midnight and the place was all shut up. But when I knocked on the door I was welcomed by such a lovely lady and her family. The rooms are basic but very clean. But what makes this place special is the family who own it. They are so friendly and they treat you as if your part of there family which is great when your away from yours. I would defiantly recommend anyone to stay here. A great place :)

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Michael N
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We had the same experience as what reviewer Franz_Zena wrote in an earlier review. We booked a room months early at Rs 300 per night. Then when we arrived, we were told that there is a better room at a higher price (500 inr) which we can choose. my husband inspected both the rooms. the higher priced room had unclean toilet. But the owners assured they will clean it. But I was reluctant to pay 200 inr extra for a supposedly "better" room for just a stay of one night, and we were not told about this when we booked our room via email. I had also read in guide books that Bundi hotels are super cheap and nice and clean. The room we got was on the ground floor with a narrow rundown bathroom (same as Franz_Zena). On asking for towels and soap, we were given a used towel and a used soap ! The bedroom was extremely dirty and full of dust. Also, when we asked for the price of private vehicle/taxi from Bundi to Pushkar for our next day journey, we were quoted some hefty prices. The next day we ourselves booked a taxi from the stand at a price about 500 inr less.

Room Tip: Never take the ground floor room. Confirm it from before if booking via email.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Ipsita M
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Lovely family run guesthouse in the centre of Bundi, within five minutes of the lake, palace and fort. The owner gave us lots of advice on the area and arranged pick up from Bundi station late in the evening.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I particularly enjoyed the atmosphere in the house, there is always someone you can speak to in the living room.

Except that, it is a very good place to stay for that price:
- good rooms
- good food
- No noise
- Close to the fort
- Close to the lake, and to a Cricket area where you can play with the kids
- Nice and helpful family

I would come back there if I come back to Bundi one day

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Easily the most enjoyable place we stayed in India. We were welcomed with open arms, it felt like we were members of the family. They helped with visits during our stay and with our onward travel. A wonderful happy family, we feel privileged to have been to stay.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends